Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > SSI and SEO

SSI and SEO

AyntRyte

Just curious...
Does Google (and other bots) consider the content of includes when
indexing a page?

Thanks,
--
\\// Robert

ayntryte @ (that new Google email thingy) dot com

brucie

in post: <news:ZjoFc.4525$(E-Mail Removed) >
AyntRyte <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> Just curious...

curiosity killed the cat and my next door neighbor when he stuck his
nose into something that didn't concern him.

> Does Google (and other bots) consider the content of includes when
> indexing a page?

think about it for a few seconds. how is google (or anyone/thing else)
supposed to be able to determine if you're using includes or not?

--
b r u c i e

Neal

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 20:56:27 -0500, AyntRyte <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Just curious...
> Does Google (and other bots) consider the content of includes when
> indexing a page?

Google and other bots consider the page as served. So if you serve a page
assembled from 47 different includes, that's what Google will see.

AyntRyte

Neal wrote:

> On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 20:56:27 -0500, AyntRyte <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Just curious...
>> Does Google (and other bots) consider the content of includes when
>> indexing a page?

> Google and other bots consider the page as served. So if you serve a
> page assembled from 47 different includes, that's what Google will see.

Thanks. I thought it odd that on a search result, the snippet following
a listing would contain irrelevant content from the bottom of the page
instead keyword-heavy content from the include.

Google can best be compared to a woman: Don't waste your time trying to
understand it; just appreciate it for what it is

--
\\// Robert

ayntryte @ (that new Google email thingy) dot com

Mitja

AyntRyte <(E-Mail Removed)>
(news:tJqFc.2317$(E-Mail Removed)) wrote:
> Neal wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 20:56:27 -0500, AyntRyte <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Just curious...
>>> Does Google (and other bots) consider the content of includes when
>>> indexing a page?

>> Google and other bots consider the page as served. So if you serve a
>> page assembled from 47 different includes, that's what Google will
>> see.

> Thanks. I thought it odd that on a search result, the snippet
> following a listing would contain irrelevant content from the bottom
> of the page instead keyword-heavy content from the include.

Weird... You don't, I hope, consider <iframe> a method of "including"
content? Or possibly any JS? Or even <object>? Google won't see those, only
server-side merged thigs count.

> Google can best be compared to a woman: Don't waste your time trying
> to understand it; just appreciate it for what it is

Big Bill

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 13:26:57 +1000, brucie <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>in post: <news:ZjoFc.4525$(E-Mail Removed) >
>AyntRyte <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> Just curious...

>curiosity killed the cat and my next door neighbor when he stuck his
>nose into something that didn't concern him.
>
>> Does Google (and other bots) consider the content of includes when
>> indexing a page?

>think about it for a few seconds. how is google (or anyone/thing else)
>supposed to be able to determine if you're using includes or not?

See? This is what happens when you ask questions in the wrong group.
Brucie answers, that's what!

BB

Big Bill

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 00:12:41 -0400, Neal <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 20:56:27 -0500, AyntRyte <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Just curious...
>> Does Google (and other bots) consider the content of includes when
>> indexing a page?

>Google and other bots consider the page as served. So if you serve a page
>assembled from 47 different includes, that's what Google will see.

and Neal.
Sometimes.

BB

Hywel

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, brucie says...
> in post: <news:ZjoFc.4525$(E-Mail Removed) >
> AyntRyte <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
> > Just curious...

> curiosity killed the cat and my next door neighbor when he stuck his
> nose into something that didn't concern him.

Curiosity is the very basis of education and if you tell me that
curiosity killed the cat, I say only the cat died nobly. I can't speak
for your neighbour, but he really should have given you your gimp suit
back on time, and clean, shouldn't he?

--
Hywel

Big Brother Petition - Better TV Wanted!
http://www.petitiononline.com/BBFlood/

brucie

in post: <news:(E-Mail Removed) >
Big Bill <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>>> Just curious...

>>curiosity killed the cat and my next door neighbor when he stuck his
>>nose into something that didn't concern him.

>>> Does Google (and other bots) consider the content of includes when
>>> indexing a page?

>>think about it for a few seconds. how is google (or anyone/thing else)
>>supposed to be able to determine if you're using includes or not?

> See? This is what happens when you ask questions in the wrong group.
> Brucie answers, that's what!

what was wrong with my answer? it was very informative:

1. if you're ever my neighbor mind your own gowd damn business.
2. if you think for a few seconds (or less) of how SSIs work then the
answer is self evident.

i'm going to tell my mommy on you

--
b r u c i e

brucie

in post: <news:ZjoFc.4525$(E-Mail Removed) >
AyntRyte <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> ayntryte @ (that new Google email thingy) dot com

so what you really mean is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) ?

why didn't you just say (E-Mail Removed) ? its much easier to click on
(E-Mail Removed) than fart about changing ayntryte @ (that new Google
email thingy) dot com into (E-Mail Removed)

--
b r u c i e

Seo Elite: New Seo Software Rune HTML 1 11-14-2007 10:30 AM
Google Seo Optimization Software - Seo Optimizer - Search Engine CONsulting software britneysspears@gmail.com Computer Support 1 05-13-2007 06:55 PM
Google Seo Optimization Software - Seo Optimizer - Search Engine CONsulting software britneysspears@gmail.com Digital Photography 0 05-13-2007 05:25 PM
Re: SEO - Search Engine Optimization - Seo Consulting Alvin Bruney [MVP] Python 19 05-09-2007 07:03 AM
Re: SEO - Search Engine Optimization - Seo Consulting Alvin Bruney [MVP] ASP .Net 17 05-01-2007 09:08 PM

Advertisments