Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > SSI and SEO

SSI and SEO

Toby A Inkster

Spartanicus wrote:

> But it makes sense not to use them, I removed them from my reader's
> "quote char" config because it results in false quote marking for
> example whenever there is a colon at the start of a line.

And when is that? Not very often. Perhaps the occasional smiley.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Toby A Inkster

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Of the three discussed, I believe ">" is the RFC-compliant one.

Quoting is not covered by any RFC. The "son of RFC 1036" document
recommends ">", though that's not an RFC yet (and at this rate will
probably never be).

Either way, ':' and '|' have been used since time immemorial[1], so any
sane newsreader should respect them.

[1] legally "time immemorial" is defined as 1189 AD. odd.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Blinky the Shark

Toby A Inkster wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:

>> Of the three discussed, I believe ">" is the RFC-compliant one.

> Quoting is not covered by any RFC. The "son of RFC 1036" document
> recommends ">", though that's not an RFC yet (and at this rate will
> probably never be).

Sec 4.x, RFC 2646.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
New June 23:

Mark Parnell

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 19:20:19 +0100, Toby A Inkster
<(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:

> And when is that? Not very often. Perhaps the occasional smiley.

Or CSS pseudo-classes. And sometimes in ASCII art. But no - it doesn't
happen often.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Michael Fesser

.oO(Toby A Inkster)

>Blinky the Shark wrote:
>
>> I did that until I read somewhere - possibly in here or in aww - that
>> some harvestors were decoding.

>Well, then double-encode. [...]

Even this is quite easy to decode (in PHP for example with three simple
regular expressions and preg_replace()).

>Besides which, in my experience single-encoding remains an effective
>anti-spam tool.

But for how long?

Micha

Toby A Inkster

Michael Fesser wrote:

> Even this is quite easy to decode (in PHP for example with three simple
> regular expressions and preg_replace()).

But if a spammer can spend 20 minutes knocking together a tool that can
gather 90% of e-mail addresses as it crawls the web; is the spammer really
going to spend 2 hours crafting one that can get 100%?

Of course not. Spammers are lazy. That's why simple tricks like that work.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

michael@alcantaramedia.com

On Friday, July 2, 2004 9:56:27 PM UTC-4, AyntRyte wrote:
> Just curious...
> Does Google (and other bots) consider the content of includes when
> indexing a page?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> \\// Robert
>
> ayntryte @ (that new Google email thingy) dot com

Google takes the website as it is displayed, so the view source is what Google will see. Reason why Wordpress and many other Content Management Systems are good for SEO.

If you have any more questions let me know or check out my website at

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

michael wrote:

> If you have any more questions let me know or check out my website at <a
> href="http://www.alcantaramedia.com/">Boca Raton Internet Marketing</>

Okay...

"Alcantara Media does Web Development right"

<http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%
2Fwww.alcantaramedia.com%2F>
"Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Strict!
Result: 38 Errors, 1 warning(s)"

<http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?
profile=css21&warning=0&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alcan taramedia.com%2F>
"Sorry! We found the following errors (404)"

[and that's not a Page Not Found error, that's 404 CSS errors!]

--
-bts

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

> Google takes the website as it is displayed, so the view source is what
> Google will see. Reason why Wordpress and many other Content Management
> Systems are good for SEO.

Why is CMS so especially good for SEO that it is worth mentioning?

--
dorayme

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

michael wrote:

> On Friday, July 2, 2004 9:56:27 PM UTC-4, AyntRyte wrote:
>> <snip>

> Google takes the website <snip>
>
> If you have any more questions let me know or check out my website at <a
> href="http://<snip>/">Boca Raton Internet Marketing</>

Oh yes, I should have asked why are you replying to an *eight year old*
post? Was it solely to spam your 'marketing' site?

--
-bts

Seo Elite: New Seo Software Rune HTML 1 11-14-2007 10:30 AM
Google Seo Optimization Software - Seo Optimizer - Search Engine CONsulting software britneysspears@gmail.com Computer Support 1 05-13-2007 06:55 PM
Google Seo Optimization Software - Seo Optimizer - Search Engine CONsulting software britneysspears@gmail.com Digital Photography 0 05-13-2007 05:25 PM
Re: SEO - Search Engine Optimization - Seo Consulting Alvin Bruney [MVP] Python 19 05-09-2007 07:03 AM
Re: SEO - Search Engine Optimization - Seo Consulting Alvin Bruney [MVP] ASP .Net 17 05-01-2007 09:08 PM

Advertisments