Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > CSS menu troubles (Internet Explorer)

CSS menu troubles (Internet Explorer)

King of Red Lions

Hey all! I'm trying to create a decent CSS menu and have run into major
problems, namely Internet Explorer. This is my site with the menu on it
www.paradisa.net/softek If you look at the menu in Mozilla it is just how I
want it to be, but if you look through Internet Explorer it doesn't look so
great. What attribute of my CSS do I have wrong? Is there anything I can
change so it will look the same in Internet Explorer? Here is the CSS I
used.

..menu1 {
width: 164px;
color: #444488;
background-color: #FFFFFF;
padding: 3px 0 3px 10px;
display: block;
border-bottom: 1px solid #EFEDED;
font: 13px Arial, sans-serif;
font-weight: bold;
text-decoration: none;
text-align: left;
}

..menu1:hover {
background-color: #ECF5FF;
color: #444488;
text-decoration: none;
}

..menu2 {
width: 156px;
color: #444488;
background-color: #FFFFFF;
padding: 3px 0 3px 18px;
display: block;
border-bottom: 1px solid #EFEDED;
font: 13px Arial, sans-serif;
font-weight: bold;
text-decoration: none;
text-align: left;
}

..menu2:hover {
background-color: #ECF5FF;
color: #444488;
text-decoration: none;
}

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Peter Smit

King of Red Lions wrote:
> Hey all! I'm trying to create a decent CSS menu and have run into major
> problems, namely Internet Explorer. This is my site with the menu on it
> www.paradisa.net/softek If you look at the menu in Mozilla it is just how I
> want it to be, but if you look through Internet Explorer it doesn't look so
> great. What attribute of my CSS do I have wrong? Is there anything I can
> change so it will look the same in Internet Explorer? Here is the CSS I
> used.
>
> .menu1 {
> width: 164px;
> color: #444488;
> background-color: #FFFFFF;
> padding: 3px 0 3px 10px;
> display: block;
> border-bottom: 1px solid #EFEDED;
> font: 13px Arial, sans-serif;
> font-weight: bold;
> text-decoration: none;
> text-align: left;
> }
>
> .menu1:hover {
> background-color: #ECF5FF;
> color: #444488;
> text-decoration: none;
> }
>
> .menu2 {
> width: 156px;
> color: #444488;
> background-color: #FFFFFF;
> padding: 3px 0 3px 18px;
> display: block;
> border-bottom: 1px solid #EFEDED;
> font: 13px Arial, sans-serif;
> font-weight: bold;
> text-decoration: none;
> text-align: left;
> }
>
> .menu2:hover {
> background-color: #ECF5FF;
> color: #444488;
> text-decoration: none;
> }
>
> Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

looks the same to me in Mozilla and IE5
Peter

Mark Parnell

On 28 Jun 2004 16:37:04 GMT, King of Red Lions <(E-Mail Removed)> declared in
alt.html:

> Hey all! I'm trying to create a decent CSS menu and have run into major
> problems, namely Internet Explorer.

Don't we all?

> This is my site with the menu on it
> www.paradisa.net/softek If you look at the menu in Mozilla it is just how I
> want it to be, but if you look through Internet Explorer it doesn't look so
> great.

First of all, try adding a doctype that triggers Standards mode (either
add the URI to the Transitional doctype, or even better use Strict).

Then fix your validation errors:
http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos...sa.net/softek/
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/v...sa.net/softek/

Once you've done that, come back if you are still having problems.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au