Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Alternate external style sheets

Alternate external style sheets

Luigi Donatello Asero

What is the difference between the following external style sheets?
What does application/postscript mean?
<LINK media="print" title="The manual in postscript"
type="application/postscript"
rel="alternate"
href="http://someplace.com/manual/postscript.ps">

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/stru...tml#linksandss

<link href="../sv/test1.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" media="print">

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
http://www.italymap.dk/sv/italien-karta.html

Michael Wilcox

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> What is the difference between the following external style sheets?
> What does application/postscript mean?
> <LINK media="print" title="The manual in postscript"
> type="application/postscript"
> rel="alternate"
> href="http://someplace.com/manual/postscript.ps">

This tag defines an alternative version of the current document. From
the specs, "When [rel="alternate" is] used together with the media
attribute, it implies a version designed for a different medium (or media)."

application/postscript is the MIME type of the alternate document. See
<ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/media-types/media-types>.
--
Michael Wilcox, http://mikewilcox.t35.com/

Steve Pugh

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What is the difference between the following external style sheets?

One of them is a stylesheet, the other one is not.

>What does application/postscript mean?
><LINK media="print" title="The manual in postscript"
> type="application/postscript"
> rel="alternate"
> href="http://someplace.com/manual/postscript.ps">

This is not a stylesheet. It's an alternative form of the current
document. In this case the alternative is a postcript version intended
for printing.

><link href="../sv/test1.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" media="print">

This is a stylesheet intended to style the current document when
printed.

Steve

how do I get the style sheets (or style object) of the wholedocument? Jake Barnes Javascript 6 04-12-2009 08:15 AM
Style sheets, include one style within another (not inheritance) foldface@yahoo.co.uk HTML 1 11-24-2003 01:37 PM
export to Excel - multiple sheets & renaming sheets Carl Corcoran ASP General 1 11-12-2003 07:28 PM
external style sheets David K HTML 6 11-03-2003 01:54 PM
Re: Using external style sheets Kevin Spencer ASP .Net 0 07-09-2003 06:03 PM

Advertisments