Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > HTML tables

HTML tables

Peter Haider

Hello Newsgroup,

i have created a table with several columns, which
displays me a product list (item, no, description, unit of measure, etc...)

the width of the columns is very different, item no's have from 2 to 20
numbers,
description has from 20 to 100 characters.

the width from the columns changes with the content, sometimes more and
sometime
less; if i set the width to for example 200 pixel, the explorer generates a
line wrap automatically, so far so good, but in this case i do not want
this.

at least i want to have an output in a form, where the width does not
change,
independent of the content, no line wrap, etc... fixed

is this possible with html / and / or js

for help in this case i thank you in advance

best regards
Peter Haider

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Peter Haider"
<phwien_et_jahuh_punkt_de> writing in news:40df40fd$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hello Newsgroup,
>
> i have created a table with several columns, which
> displays me a product list (item, no, description, unit of measure,
> etc...)
>
> the width of the columns is very different, item no's have from 2 to 20
> numbers,
> description has from 20 to 100 characters.
>
> the width from the columns changes with the content, sometimes more and
> sometime
> less; if i set the width to for example 200 pixel, the explorer
> generates a line wrap automatically, so far so good, but in this case i
> do not want this.
>
> at least i want to have an output in a form, where the width does not
> change,
> independent of the content, no line wrap, etc... fixed
>
> is this possible with html / and / or js
>
> for help in this case i thank you in advance
>
> best regards
> Peter Haider

td {white-space: nowrap;}

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.arbpen.com

How to get database metadata information (i.e. existing tables and columns in tables) Chris Brat Python 5 08-22-2006 05:25 PM
Tables within tables Otuatail HTML 7 08-02-2004 04:42 AM
Reading HTML Tables in .Net Royal Hale ASP .Net 0 02-24-2004 01:55 AM
Re: Regular expression to find <tr> tags in 2nd level HTML tables Shannon Jacobs Perl 8 01-24-2004 05:26 AM
Text after 2 tables actually appears between 2 tables ! Peter Bassett HTML 3 08-15-2003 06:46 PM

Advertisments