Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Newbie help....!

Newbie help....!

Ed

Hi - i'm trying to create an email form on my website, but am using a
WYSISYG program to design the site, so was hoping to use the insert HTML
code fragment option. I know its not ideal, but i do need the form (its for
a school website)

I'm stuck! I only want a v simple form - any ideas?

TIA. ed.

Whitecrest

In article <wBEDc.57619$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Hi - i'm trying to create an email form on my website, but am using a
> WYSISYG program to design the site, so was hoping to use the insert HTML
> code fragment option. I know its not ideal, but i do need the form (its for
> a school website)
> I'm stuck! I only want a v simple form - any ideas?

First a WYSIWYG editor is not mutually exclusive to learning HTML and
CSS. THAT should be your first priority. Lay the page out with the
editor, then switch to HTML code mode (they all have it) and look at the
code. If you search Google for "email form HTML free", you will be
rewarded with exactly what you are looking for.
--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Neal

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 19:45:47 +0100, Ed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi - i'm trying to create an email form on my website, but am using a
> WYSISYG program to design the site, so was hoping to use the insert HTML
> code fragment option. I know its not ideal, but i do need the form (its
> for
> a school website)
>
> I'm stuck! I only want a v simple form - any ideas?
>
> TIA. ed.

It's all explained at http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html - or
you can simply look online for similar forms and see how they're written.
After looking at a dozen the pattern will emerge.

How you do it exactly depends on the server-side script you'll be using,
so I can't offer a drop-in.

Brian

Ed wrote:

> i'm trying to create an email form on my website, but am using a
> WYSISYG program to design the site, so was hoping to use the insert
> HTML code fragment option. I know its not ideal, but i do need the
> form (its for a school website)
>
> I'm stuck! I only want a v simple form - any ideas?

NMS Formmail; the package includes a sample form.

http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/

--
Brian (remove ".invalid" to email me)
http://www.tsmchughs.com/

Barry Pearson

Whitecrest wrote:
[snip]

This is totally off-topic! Sorry.

Was it you who asked when I would update my photographs? I didn't answer,
because I didn't know. I've had lots of trouble with my scanner. I've finally
given up, and bought a new one.

I've just uploaded the July edition of my photography site. The list of
galleries should indicate what may be worth looking at:
http://www.barry.pearson.name/photography/

The new gallery results from 2 unlabelled unopened boxes of slides I found by
chance about 6 months ago. They are obviously from a business trip to
California in December 1993, when I took 2 days off to visit Yosemite. I'd
forgotten that I took a camera.

A bit more on-topic, I've tried to convert the galleries to 4.01 Strict.
Similarly with another web site:
http://www.birdsandanimals.info/

--
Barry Pearson
http://www.BirdsAndAnimals.info/

Whitecrest

In article <%SGEc.652$LK1.82@newsfe6-win>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Whitecrest wrote:
> [snip]
> This is totally off-topic! Sorry.

Yes, it was me who asked. I love looking at other people
photographs. Thanks for the update!

I like your character studies a lot!

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Matthias Gutfeldt

Barry Pearson wrote:

> I've just uploaded the July edition of my photography site. The list of
> galleries should indicate what may be worth looking at:
> http://www.barry.pearson.name/photography/
>
> The new gallery results from 2 unlabelled unopened boxes of slides I found by
> chance about 6 months ago. They are obviously from a business trip to
> California in December 1993, when I took 2 days off to visit Yosemite. I'd
> forgotten that I took a camera.

Great pictures, they make me wish I could go to California again! All
I'd need is to find an unlabelled unopened box of cash...

Matthias

Els

Matthias Gutfeldt wrote:

> Barry Pearson wrote:
>>
>> http://www.barry.pearson.name/photography/

> Great pictures, they make me wish I could go to California
> again! All I'd need is to find an unlabelled unopened box
> of cash...

Find one for me too?

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

Matthias Gutfeldt

Els wrote:
> Matthias Gutfeldt wrote:
>

>>Barry Pearson wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.barry.pearson.name/photography/

>>Great pictures, they make me wish I could go to California
>>again! All I'd need is to find an unlabelled unopened box
>>of cash...

> Find one for me too?

Only if you swear off herb tea!

Matthias

Els

Matthias Gutfeldt wrote:

> Els wrote:
>> Matthias Gutfeldt wrote:

>>>Great pictures, they make me wish I could go to California
>>>again! All I'd need is to find an unlabelled unopened box
>>>of cash...

>> Find one for me too?

> Only if you swear off herb tea!

Ask again when you found one