Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > E-mail clients displays html-coding

E-mail clients displays html-coding

Van Duijn

Out of 600 html e-mail messages I sent to subscribers, some complain that
their e-mail clienst only displays the entire html-coding (so, not a plain
text version, but all of the coding). I can't reproduce this problem. The
message was tested in recent versions of Outlook/Outlook Express, Eudora and
Netscape Messenger and all displayed the html message properly. I fear these
people use old e-mail clients. Which versions of Outlook and Eudora are a no
go for html email messages?

Whitecrest

In article <40dbef6b$0$568$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Which versions of Outlook and Eudora are a no
> go for html email messages?

All the ones you have listed have the option of turning it on and off.
--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Karl Groves

"Van Duijn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40dbef6b$0$568$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
> Out of 600 html e-mail messages I sent to subscribers, some complain that
> their e-mail clienst only displays the entire html-coding (so, not a plain
> text version, but all of the coding). I can't reproduce this problem. The
> message was tested in recent versions of Outlook/Outlook Express, Eudora

and
> Netscape Messenger and all displayed the html message properly. I fear

these
> people use old e-mail clients. Which versions of Outlook and Eudora are a

no
> go for html email messages?

They're probably using clients that do not support HTML or they have that
feature turned off.
One of many reasons to offer the subscriber a choice between plain text and
HTML.

-Karl

Blinky the Shark

Van Duijn wrote:

> Out of 600 html e-mail messages I sent to subscribers, some complain that
> their e-mail clienst only displays the entire html-coding (so, not a plain
> text version, but all of the coding). I can't reproduce this problem. The
> message was tested in recent versions of Outlook/Outlook Express, Eudora and
> Netscape Messenger and all displayed the html message properly. I fear these
> people use old e-mail clients. Which versions of Outlook and Eudora are a no
> go for html email messages?

Not rendering HTML does not imply "old e-mail clients".

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
New June 23: