Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > post form data to a modal dialog window

post form data to a modal dialog window

Matt

I want to post the form data (http://server/page1.asp) to a modal dialog
window (http://server/modaldialog.asp) with a desired height 200px by width
200px.

Here's my attempts and problems:

Attempt #1) In http://server/page1.asp, it has code <form
action="http://server/modaldialog.asp" method="post" target="_blank">

In http://server/modaldialog.asp, it has code <body onBlur = "self.focus()">

It can produce modal dialog window modaldialog.asp, but I want to set the
width and height of modaldialog.asp.

Attempt #2) var sReturn = window.showModalDialog("modaldialog.asp", params,
"dialogHeight:200px; dialogWidth:200px;");

This is the effect I want. But this is not posting the form data to
modaldialog.asp.

Any workarounds to my problems??

Thanks!!

DU

Matt wrote:

> I want to post the form data (http://server/page1.asp) to a modal dialog

In how many newsgroups have you multi-posted your message? In which
newsgroups would you prefer to read answers and solutions to your
problem? Can you clarify this for starters?

Are there particular reasons as to why you prefer to fragment a
discussion into several threads and to duplicate explanations typed by
readers of your post rather than to create a coherently formed thread?

DU

Mitja

Matt <(E-Mail Removed)>
(news:(E-Mail Removed). com) wrote:
> I want to post the form data (http://server/page1.asp) to a modal
> dialog window (http://server/modaldialog.asp) with a desired height
> 200px by width 200px.

You posted that before. If anything, _blank is the way to go, then JS in the
target window to resize it. But DON'T DO IT! You're about 154.62% too
JS-oriented. Your page will most probably be a non-working mess to look at
with anything but IE. No offence meant.