Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > picture as a link and borders

Reply
Thread Tools

picture as a link and borders

 
 
MWSunshine
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-23-2004
Hi !

I am just begun to learn xgtml and css. I have probabily very basic question
but I couldn't find an answer. When I put on my page
<img src="images/bttn_shimel.jpg" /> - I can see a picture (surprise ! )
but when i make it a link like this
<a href="http://www.google.pl"><img src="images/bttn_shimel.jpg" /> </a>
there is additional border of that picture with color of default color of
link.
No matter what I set in css style sheet with aseudoclass.
Can you help me how to get rid of this border, or at least how to set the
color of this border to make it invisible (I have solid color background)

MWSunshine


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Neal
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-23-2004
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 07:26:17 +0200, MWSunshine <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I am just begun to learn xgtml and css. I have probabily very basic
> question
> but I couldn't find an answer. When I put on my page
> <img src="images/bttn_shimel.jpg" /> - I can see a picture (surprise !
> )
> but when i make it a link like this
> <a href="http://www.google.pl"><img src="images/bttn_shimel.jpg" /> </a>
> there is additional border of that picture with color of default color of
> link.
> No matter what I set in css style sheet with aseudoclass.
> Can you help me how to get rid of this border, or at least how to set the
> color of this border to make it invisible (I have solid color background)



img {border-width: 0;}
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Stuart Palmer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-23-2004
<a href="http://www.google.pl"><img src="images/bttn_shimel.jpg" border="0"
/> </a>

"MWSunshine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cbb4b1$7na$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi !
>
> I am just begun to learn xgtml and css. I have probabily very basic

question
> but I couldn't find an answer. When I put on my page
> <img src="images/bttn_shimel.jpg" /> - I can see a picture (surprise !

)
> but when i make it a link like this
> <a href="http://www.google.pl"><img src="images/bttn_shimel.jpg" /> </a>
> there is additional border of that picture with color of default color of
> link.
> No matter what I set in css style sheet with aseudoclass.
> Can you help me how to get rid of this border, or at least how to set the
> color of this border to make it invisible (I have solid color background)
>
> MWSunshine
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Mark Parnell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-23-2004
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 07:26:17 +0200, MWSunshine
<(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:

> Hi !


G'day.

> <a href="http://www.google.pl"><img src="images/bttn_shimel.jpg" /> </a>
> there is additional border of that picture with color of default color of
> link.


Yes. This is normal, and expected.

> No matter what I set in css style sheet with aseudoclass.
> Can you help me how to get rid of this border,


Then how would I know it was a link?

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
 
Reply With Quote
 
rf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-23-2004

"MWSunshine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cbb4b1$7na$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi !
>
> I am just begun to learn xgtml and css. I have probabily very basic

question
> but I couldn't find an answer. When I put on my page
> <img src="images/bttn_shimel.jpg" /> - I can see a picture (surprise !

)
> but when i make it a link like this
> <a href="http://www.google.pl"><img src="images/bttn_shimel.jpg" /> </a>
> there is additional border of that picture with color of default color of
> link.
> No matter what I set in css style sheet with aseudoclass.
> Can you help me how to get rid of this border, or at least how to set the
> color of this border to make it invisible (I have solid color background)


a img {border: 0}

--
Cheers
Richard.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Neal
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-23-2004
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 06:34:10 +0100, Stuart Palmer
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> <a href="http://www.google.pl"><img src="images/bttn_shimel.jpg"
> border="0"
> /> </a>
>


The OP is using CSS, why suggest a deprecated solution?

img {border-width: 0;} is the CSS solution.
 
Reply With Quote
 
MWSunshine
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-23-2004
Thank you !
MWSunshine


 
Reply With Quote
 
Stuart Palmer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-23-2004
'cos it will work in older browsers and newer.

"Neal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 06:34:10 +0100, Stuart Palmer
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > <a href="http://www.google.pl"><img src="images/bttn_shimel.jpg"
> > border="0"
> > /> </a>
> >

>
> The OP is using CSS, why suggest a deprecated solution?
>
> img {border-width: 0;} is the CSS solution.



 
Reply With Quote
 
rf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-23-2004
[upside posting corrected]

"Stuart Palmer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Neal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >
> > The OP is using CSS, why suggest a deprecated solution?
> >



> 'cos it will work in older browsers and newer.


And just which "older" browser does not support border-width: 0?

Pre version 4?

--
Cheers
Richard.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Mitja
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-23-2004
Stuart Palmer <(E-Mail Removed)>
(news:(E-Mail Removed)) wrote:
> "Neal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 06:34:10 +0100, Stuart Palmer
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> <a href="http://www.google.pl"><img src="images/bttn_shimel.jpg"
>>> border="0"
>>> /> </a>
>>>

> 'cos it will work in older browsers and newer.


Yep. That's why I always use <font>...


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can't get css hover to work on link borders Greg N. HTML 26 06-29-2005 04:22 PM
RE: Link Link Link =?Utf-8?B?REw=?= Windows 64bit 0 05-17-2005 12:15 PM
Re: Link Link Link DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!! Kevin Spencer ASP .Net 0 05-17-2005 10:41 AM
Tables with different color left and right borders, no top or bottom borders, etc. George HTML 9 10-25-2004 04:25 PM
any quick fixes for MAC/IE anomalies ...? (borders and a.link stuff) Bailee HTML 9 07-15-2003 06:54 PM



Advertisments