Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Online Payment Gateways - Help Reqd

Online Payment Gateways - Help Reqd

Aaron Whiffin

I'm familiar with a few online payment gateways for a small online shop, but
these do not meet my requirements:

I'm after one that:

* doesn't need a merchant bank account
* doesn't require a large annual or startup cost (% on transactions is
fine) - nothing is best
* doesn't require users to register an account

PayPal - would be perfect if members didn't need to register, but as I'm in
the UK not US they don't support the account_optional flag

Worldpay are good but the first year costs around 400 plus a percentage

I've also tried other companies that I'm familiar with (Secure Hosting,
Secure Trading etc)

Any ideas?

Many thanks

--
Aaron Whiffin
Webbed Feet UK

Jeff Thies

> I'm familiar with a few online payment gateways for a small online shop,
but
> these do not meet my requirements:
>
> I'm after one that:
>
> * doesn't need a merchant bank account
> * doesn't require a large annual or startup cost (% on transactions is
> fine) - nothing is best
> * doesn't require users to register an account

Take a look at linkpoint: <URL: http://linkpoint.com/ >

Not sure of the details, but a small client of mine uses them.

Jeff

> PayPal - would be perfect if members didn't need to register, but as I'm

in
> the UK not US they don't support the account_optional flag
>
> Worldpay are good but the first year costs around 400 plus a percentage
>
> I've also tried other companies that I'm familiar with (Secure Hosting,
> Secure Trading etc)
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Many thanks
>
> --
> Aaron Whiffin
> Webbed Feet UK

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

"Jeff Thies" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GV6Cc.10460$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
> > I'm familiar with a few online payment gateways for a small online shop,

> but
> > these do not meet my requirements:
> >
> > I'm after one that:
> >
> > * doesn't need a merchant bank account
> > * doesn't require a large annual or startup cost (% on transactions is
> > fine) - nothing is best
> > * doesn't require users to register an account

We used Paysystems.com in the past and I really liked them.

--Tina

--
http://www.AffordableHOST.com - since 1997
Managed, Dedicated & Colo Servers

Aaron Whiffin

> > > I'm familiar with a few online payment gateways for a small online
shop,
> > but
> > > these do not meet my requirements:
> > >
> > > I'm after one that:
> > >
> > > * doesn't need a merchant bank account
> > > * doesn't require a large annual or startup cost (% on transactions is
> > > fine) - nothing is best
> > > * doesn't require users to register an account

> We used Paysystems.com in the past and I really liked them.
>
> --Tina

Thanx for replies

From emails I've determined the following

There are 3 gateways in the UK that do not require a merchant bank account

1. PayPal
2. WorldPay
3. NetBanx

PayPal - your customers need to have an account (in the UK)
WorldPay - setup costs of 160 and 100 pa
NetBanx - 500 setup costs

So there isn;t a solution like I want (

Cheers folks

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

"Aaron Whiffin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsjeCc.62$(E-Mail Removed)...

> shop,
> > > but

is

> > We used Paysystems.com in the past and I really liked them.
> >
> > --Tina
> >

> Thanx for replies
>
> From emails I've determined the following
>
> There are 3 gateways in the UK that do not require a merchant bank account
>
> 1. PayPal
> 2. WorldPay
> 3. NetBanx
>
> PayPal - your customers need to have an account (in the UK)
> WorldPay - setup costs of #160 and #100 pa
> NetBanx - #500 setup costs
>
> So there isn;t a solution like I want (

Does Paysystems.com not work for you?

--Tina