Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Frame Resizing

Frame Resizing

D. Comyn

I have a page with the following code:

<frameset border=0 framespacing=0 rows=160,* frameborder=0>
<frame name=header marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 bottomnargin=0
src="header.html" scrolling=NO noresize>
<frameset border=0 framespacing=0 cols=140,630,* frameborder=0>
<frame NORESIZE name=menu marginwidth=15 marginheight=15
bottomnargin=15 src="menu.html" scrolling=NO>
<frame NORESIZE name=content marginwidth=0 marginheight=0
bottomnargin=0 src="content.html" scrolling=YES>
<frame name=right marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 bottomnargin=0
src="right.html">
</frameset>
</frameset>

The problem:

In the 'menu' frame, I have a page which contains a javescript menu that I
would like to remain visible no matter the size of the browser window.

As it is set up right now, when the browser window is made horizontally
smaller, the content frame overlaps the menu frame.

Any way to prevent this from happening?

TIA

Els

D. Comyn wrote:

> I have a page with the following code:

[snip]

> <frameset border=0 framespacing=0 cols=140,630,*
> frameborder=0>

[snip]

> The problem:
>
> In the 'menu' frame, I have a page which contains a
> javescript menu that I would like to remain visible no
> matter the size of the browser window.
>
> As it is set up right now, when the browser window is made
> horizontally smaller, the content frame overlaps the menu
> frame.
>
> Any way to prevent this from happening?

The reason it happens is the cols=140,630,*.
I don't know what's in your right frame, but it would be more
logical, to use cols="140,*,100". Replace 100 with the width
you need for the right frame, now the menu will only disappear
if the window gets narrower than 140+100=240. (But your
content will disappear first )

Better: ditch the frames.
And don't forget to make an alternative for your JavaScript
menu, or else I won't be able to navigate with my JavaScript
turned off.

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/

Neal

On 20 Jun 2004 18:06:35 GMT, Els <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> And don't forget to make an alternative for your JavaScript
> menu, or else I won't be able to navigate with my JavaScript
> turned off.

Or Google with its Javascript not existing...

Els

Neal wrote:

> On 20 Jun 2004 18:06:35 GMT, Els <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> And don't forget to make an alternative for your
>> JavaScript menu, or else I won't be able to navigate with
>> my JavaScript turned off.

> Or Google with its Javascript not existing...

That too.
(thanks Neal )

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/

Whitecrest

In article <fbkBc.8266$(E-Mail Removed). net>,
> I have a page with the following code:
> The problem:
> In the 'menu' frame, I have a page which contains a javescript menu that I
> would like to remain visible no matter the size of the browser window.

Impossible. Your best bet is to have the "menu" in the upper left
corner of the page in the frame.

> As it is set up right now, when the browser window is made horizontally
> smaller, the content frame overlaps the menu frame.
> Any way to prevent this from happening?

Probably not.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment