Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Browser:Opera

Browser:Opera

Christopher Richards

Is there a version of Opera without the adware (spyware). I don't want any
of that stuff?

Leif K-Brooks

Christopher Richards wrote:
> Is there a version of Opera without the adware (spyware). I don't want any
> of that stuff?

Opera only has ads, not spyware. And buying it removes those.

saz1958

In article <KH7Bc.5827$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Is there a version of Opera without the adware (spyware). I don't want any
> of that stuff?

If you don't want to pay, you have to tolerate the adware.

Neal

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 03:41:30 GMT, Christopher Richards
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is there a version of Opera without the adware (spyware). I don't want
> any
> of that stuff?

It's not spyware. You get generic ads unless you opt in to specific ones.

Steve Pugh

wrote:

>Is there a version of Opera without the adware (spyware). I don't want any
>of that stuff?

Version 4 and lower have no ads.
Version 5 and upwards have ads until you pay.
No version has any spyware.

Steve

Blinky the Shark

Christopher Richards wrote:

> Is there a version of Opera without the adware (spyware). I don't want any
> of that stuff?

There's no spyware component in Opera.

Don't want the ads? Buy it.

--