Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How Do You Vertically Center a Table on a Webpage?

How Do You Vertically Center a Table on a Webpage?

ChChanges

Can somebody tell me how to center a table Vertically on a webpage?

CSS?

Thanks for any help you can provide

Johnny

Neal

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 01:24:32 GMT, ChChanges <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Can somebody tell me how to center a table Vertically on a webpage?
>
> CSS?
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide
>
> Johnny

Do you know the user's viewport height? Answer: No.

So, how do you know the table can in fact be centered?

Mitja

ChChanges <(E-Mail Removed)>
(news:kjNzc.273989$(E-Mail Removed) t.cable.rogers.com) wrote:
> Can somebody tell me how to center a table Vertically on a webpage?
> CSS?

Yup, though it's one of its weak spots.

One thing people around here don't like: misuse of tables solves the
problem, because only TDs can have their content centered vertically. (In
reality; theoretically, you can assign display:table to a div and use
vertical-align then, but it won't work in IE, so it isn't much help). If you
know the exact height of the table, it's somewhat easier.

Anyway, a LOT has already been written about this topic. Further info:
http://www.google.com/search?q=css+c...rtically&num=0

> Thanks for any help you can provide
>
> Johnny

How to vertically center an image in a div AAaron123 ASP .Net 1 07-11-2009 10:24 PM
how can align the text vertically in a table cell atin45gupt@gmail.com HTML 1 01-17-2006 04:25 PM
vertically center images? Ron HTML 8 03-02-2005 02:10 AM
How to center my Div's vertically... Qzmicro@gmail.com Javascript 4 12-21-2004 02:32 AM
Re: Forcing table cells to stack vertically JustAnotherGuy HTML 0 12-08-2003 05:17 AM

Advertisments