Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Arjen Jongeling, een oude bekende

Arjen Jongeling, een oude bekende

Arjen Jongeling

Hoewel, Arjen Jongeling is hier nog nooit geweest en ik denk dat Arjen Jongeling hier ook nooit meer zal terugkomen. Sterker nog, Arjen Jongeling zit hier helemaal fout. Maar ja, het doet het goed in de Google archieven.

Disco Octopus

Arjen Jongeling wrote:
> Hoewel, Arjen Jongeling is hier nog nooit geweest en ik denk dat
> Arjen Jongeling hier ook nooit meer zal terugkomen. Sterker nog,
> Arjen Jongeling zit hier helemaal fout. Maar ja, het doet het goed in
> de Google archieven.

Is het onthaal uw dan aangewezen terugkeer?

Els

Disco Octopus wrote:
> Arjen Jongeling wrote:
>
>>Hoewel, Arjen Jongeling is hier nog nooit geweest en ik denk dat
>>Arjen Jongeling hier ook nooit meer zal terugkomen. Sterker nog,
>>Arjen Jongeling zit hier helemaal fout. Maar ja, het doet het goed in
>>de Google archieven.

> Is het onthaal uw dan aangewezen terugkeer?

Disco, do you speak Dutch??

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/

Disco Octopus

Els wrote:
> Disco Octopus wrote:
>> Arjen Jongeling wrote:
>>
>>> Hoewel, Arjen Jongeling is hier nog nooit geweest en ik denk dat
>>> Arjen Jongeling hier ook nooit meer zal terugkomen. Sterker nog,
>>> Arjen Jongeling zit hier helemaal fout. Maar ja, het doet het goed
>>> in de Google archieven.

>> Is het onthaal uw dan aangewezen terugkeer?

> Disco, do you speak Dutch??

No, but after three months working in Hoogoorddreef I learnt to
understand/translate a minimal amount of words.
I have a some friends in Netherlands, and they are often correcting my
pathetic attempts to communicate in Dutch.
As you can probably tell, I need much more practice. (especially more
practice on grammer)

Blinky the Shark

Disco Octopus wrote:

> No, but after three months working in Hoogoorddreef I learnt to

Take the alt.html Challenge: how many places can y'all think of with
four pairs of doubled letters in one word?

That's worse than "bookkeeper", plus it's a *name*. Yikes!

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary

rf

"Disco Octopus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:deRzc.44$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Els wrote:
> > Disco Octopus wrote:
> >> Arjen Jongeling wrote:
> >>

> > Disco, do you speak Dutch??

> No, but after three months working in Hoogoorddreef I learnt to

<snip>

Sorry Disco, I know it's not really the done thing but I just could not help
myself and I think in this particular case it is actually appropriate

> As you can probably tell, I need much more practice. (especially more
> practice on grammer)

Grammar.

Cheers
Richard.

Els

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Disco Octopus wrote:
>
>>No, but after three months working in Hoogoorddreef I learnt to

> Take the alt.html Challenge: how many places can y'all think of with
> four pairs of doubled letters in one word?
>
> That's worse than "bookkeeper", plus it's a *name*. Yikes!

Dutch is actually worse than that.
How many words can y'all think of with eight consonants in a
row?

"angstschreeuw"

The words is appropriate I guess, as it means scream of fear

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/

Toby A Inkster

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Disco Octopus wrote:
>
>> No, but after three months working in Hoogoorddreef I learnt to

> Take the alt.html Challenge: how many places can y'all think of with
> four pairs of doubled letters in one word?

How about this one?

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch

Five double-ls, including a double-double-l.

Yes, it does really exist. It is often abbreviated Llanfairpwllgwyn or
just Llanfair PG by locals.

As an aside: a couple was driving through Llanfairpwllgwyn and were having
an argument about how to pronounce it. So they pull over and go into a
cafe and ask the waitress, "do you know how to pronounce this place we're
in?" She thinks for a moment and says very slowly, "yes, it's called
berr-gerr-king".

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Blinky the Shark

Els wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:

>> Disco Octopus wrote:

>>>No, but after three months working in Hoogoorddreef I learnt to

>> Take the alt.html Challenge: how many places can y'all think of with
>> four pairs of doubled letters in one word?

>> That's worse than "bookkeeper", plus it's a *name*. Yikes!

> Dutch is actually worse than that.
> How many words can y'all think of with eight consonants in a
> row?

> "angstschreeuw"

*All* eight-consonant words. If they're not in a row, you have more than
one word.

--

Toby A Inkster wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:

>> Disco Octopus wrote:

>>> No, but after three months working in Hoogoorddreef I learnt to

>> Take the alt.html Challenge: how many places can y'all think of with
>> four pairs of doubled letters in one word?

> How about this one?

> Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch

I would have to be from Wales, wouldn't it? I was thinking about
that when I posted the question.

> Five double-ls, including a double-double-l.

Hmmmm.