Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > TextPad help

TextPad help

KiwiBrian

Is there some kind soul who uses TextPad and who would tell me EXACTLY how I
can modify the configuration so that every occurrance of img in the source
being displayed is highlighted in red?
The help is very cursory and obtuse on this point for this non-programmer.
It involves the 'syntax' setting at least.

Thanks
Brian Tozer

Shailesh Humbad

KiwiBrian wrote:

> Is there some kind soul who uses TextPad and who would tell me EXACTLY how I
> can modify the configuration so that every occurrance of img in the source
> being displayed is highlighted in red?
> The help is very cursory and obtuse on this point for this non-programmer.
> It involves the 'syntax' setting at least.
>
> Thanks
> Brian Tozer

I suggest posting this question in the textpad.com web forum. If you
search the forum, you might find the answer exists.

Thomas Mlynarczyk

Also sprach KiwiBrian:

> Is there some kind soul who uses TextPad and who would tell me
> EXACTLY how I can modify the configuration so that every occurrance
> of img in the source being displayed is highlighted in red?
> The help is very cursory and obtuse on this point for this
> non-programmer. It involves the 'syntax' setting at least.

Try this:
Go to the "Configure" Menu, click "Preferences", then expand "Document
Classes", then "HTML", then click "Syntax". On the right side, the name of
the "Syntax Definition File" should appear (something like "html.syn" for
example). Click the "Open" button beside it. Now the syntax definition file
is opened in TextPad and you can edit it:

Find the line with the "IMG". Delete it. Look through the file to find
occurrences of "[Keywords x]" (x being a number 1,2,3,...) and remember
which is the highest number (should be below 6). Add the following to the
end of the file, replacing X by the next higher number:

[Keywords X]
IMG

Save the file.
Go to Configure -> Preferences -> Document Classes -> HTML again and click
"Colors". Click on the "Item" "Keyword X" (X being the number you used
above). Select foreground and background color to your taste (foreground
red, in your case). Click "OK" and it should work. (Not sure if you need to
restart TextPad.)

HTH,
Thomas

Textpad -word wrapping zulu Computer Support 5 02-08-2006 08:02 PM
Do XMLSpy or TextPad remove/damage the BOM? Thomas Adams XML 0 02-12-2005 12:25 PM
question about compiling java with textpad Ryan Gaffuri Java 2 10-15-2004 05:48 PM
XML Syntax for TextPad PeterR XML 0 04-17-2004 09:38 PM
Textpad question Nig HTML 2 11-16-2003 02:19 PM

Advertisments