Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: ZIP file upload!!

Re: ZIP file upload!!

Richard

"Dado" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c445tm$jlj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm a newbie to web design and have created a HTML document that has a
> download link (zip file download). When I try to upload the zip (Ace FTP)

it
> only creates an empty folder on my server!! Why is that?? Everything else
> uploads normal.
>
> How to do it?? Thank in advance!!

Unless you intend to distribute the file as a zip file, you should not do
this.
Ask your host if they allow this.
If you're on a free site like your ISP, chances are they don't allow it.

rf

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Dado" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c445tm$jlj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm a newbie to web design and have created a HTML document that has a
> > download link (zip file download). When I try to upload the zip (Ace

FTP)
> it
> > only creates an empty folder on my server!! Why is that?? Everything

else
> > uploads normal.
> >
> > How to do it?? Thank in advance!!
> >

> Unless you intend to distribute the file as a zip file, you should not do
> this.

Oh really! The fact that the OP is trying to upload a zipped file is a
pretty bloody good indication he/she is trying to distribute it. Why else
would it be zipped, uploaded and linked to?

And why are you reawakining a thread that died three months ago?

Cheers
Richard.