Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Web Editors

Web Editors

Els

Nick Theodorakis wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:49:01 +0200, Els <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Nick Theodorakis wrote:
>>

>>>On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 23:32:09 +0200, Els <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>>wrote:
>>>
>>>[...]
>>>
>>>CSS33.334 is not a standard, but only a candidate recommendation.
>>>However, the erratta are considered normative, but only when they
>>>contradict the standard spec, except when they don't.

>>Sorry, I didn't quite get that. It's a loooong time since I
>>smoked...

> It was a lame humor attempt.

So was mine, apparently...
lol

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/

Hywel Jenkins

Weyoun the Dancing Borg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<GPqxc.400$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> David Dorward wrote:
>
> > Frontpage is, I'm told, capable of producing high quality HTML - in the
> > hands of a master.

> Not eveb MAster Yoda could create a good site using Frontpage.

Rubbish. It's no more difficult to create a fully-validating site
using FP than it is with DW, Notepad, HTML Kit, ...

--
Hywel

Neal

On 14 Jun 2004 04:26:21 -0700, Hywel Jenkins <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Weyoun the Dancing Borg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:<GPqxc.400$(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> David Dorward wrote:
>>
>> > Frontpage is, I'm told, capable of producing high quality HTML - in

>> the
>> > hands of a master.

>> Not eveb MAster Yoda could create a good site using Frontpage.

> Rubbish. It's no more difficult to create a fully-validating site
> using FP than it is with DW, Notepad, HTML Kit, ...

But it's so easy to produce crap.

If you know your code well enough to NOT use the tool, the tool can save
you time. It's those who think it will do all the work so they don't have
to (and FP markets to them) who can never accomplish a website of worth.

If a carpenter could never build a cabinet with hand tools, then he
certainly cannot do it with power tools.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven Neal:

> If a carpenter could never build a cabinet with hand tools,
> then he certainly cannot do it with power tools.

Now there is a good sig line!

--
-bts
-This space intentionally eschewing FrontPlague.

Rose

>What are good web editors to use? Or should I just use Frontpage? What can
>Notepad do?
>
>Once built, how and where do you upload it to? How do you get your own
>domain ?
>
>Thank you.

It really depends on how experienced you are. I have always hated Frontpage
but used it at the beginning because I just didn't know any better. Frontpage
adds unnecessary coding and won't allow some coding at all. Now if you have
Netscape's Webpage Editor that's a good program to use if you don't have
anything else. My editor of choice is Dreamweaver but it is costly and it can
be quite daunting to use at first but the main reason why I like this program
is because it lets you see how your page will look on the Internet before you
actually upload it.

I use Notepad for quick and simple edits but you have to know a good deal of
..html language for that.

Uploading your page is another matter. You first have to have webspace to
upload it too. I don't know what ISP you are using but some give their members
webspace so that you can upload your pages to - and they provide instructions.
You can also try one of the free webhosting sites but be warned they are free
because they will put their advertising/banner on your page.

Getting your own domain involves deciding on what you want your domain name to
be ie Nowhere.com and seeing if its already taken - if it is you have to try
another name - if it isn't you can buy it. Once you buy it you will need a
place to host your site - again another company and another payment.

Rose
http://members.aol.com/Roseb44170/home.html
"How did I ever get talked into this?"

Any good Rich Text Editors for ASP.NET 2.0? VB Programmer ASP .Net 2 01-26-2006 03:26 PM
ASP.NET WebForm Editors! Adam Knight ASP .Net 3 07-22-2005 09:24 PM
WYSIWYG website editors for web browser Chris Hope NZ Computing 22 11-27-2004 05:04 AM
vhdl editors Salvatore Callea VHDL 6 10-07-2004 09:29 AM
XML Editors Brian Shannon ASP .Net 2 08-19-2004 12:00 AM

Advertisments