Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Text Boxes - Colour Background?

Text Boxes - Colour Background?

Keith

Is it possible to colour the backgrounds of certain text boxes?

Thanks

Steve Pugh

"Keith" <@.> wrote:

>Is it possible to colour the backgrounds of certain text boxes?

Yes. Same as any other element set the background-color property in
your stylesheet. Don't forget to always set the color property at the
same time in order to avoid clashes with user stylesheets, etc.

Steve

Mark Parnell

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:02:55 +0100, Keith <@.> declared in alt.html:

> Is it possible to colour the backgrounds of certain text boxes?

As Steve said, it is trivial using CSS. But be aware that browsers tend
to be fairly strict on what they will allow you to do to form elements,
and results may vary from browser to browser.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au