Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Setting the size of IE through a third party tool

Setting the size of IE through a third party tool

foldface@yahoo.co.uk

Hi
I have an IE browser that is being created by Visual Studio, i.e. I'm
doing web development. I want to be able to set the size of the newly created
window via some external means, I don't want to alter the html/code in
anyway, I just want to be able to run a batch file or run an external
application that will let me select the window via any means and set its
size to some number of predefined resolutions, 1024/768, etc.
Are there any third party tools that can do this?

Ta

Els

> Hi
> I have an IE browser that is being created by Visual Studio, i.e. I'm
> doing web development. I want to be able to set the size of the newly created
> window via some external means, I don't want to alter the html/code in
> anyway, I just want to be able to run a batch file or run an external
> application that will let me select the window via any means and set its
> size to some number of predefined resolutions, 1024/768, etc.
> Are there any third party tools that can do this?

Yes, they are called favelets, and you can find some here
http://www.cinnamon.nl/keuken/favelets/
Scroll down till you see the window sizes, rightclick on the
ones you want and save as bookmarks. Next time you want to
resize a window, just click the bookmark in your browser.

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven (E-Mail Removed):

> Hi I have an IE browser that is being created by Visual Studio,
> i.e. I'm doing web development. I want to be able to set the size
> of the newly created window via some external means, I don't want
> to alter the html/code in anyway, I just want to be able to run a
> batch file or run an external application that will let me select
> the window via any means and set its size to some number of
> predefined resolutions, 1024/768, etc. Are there any third party
> tools that can do this?

Why not just add this JavaScript to a local page on your computer?

Play with the numbers a bit if you have additional toolbars...

No need for favelets...

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

Dylan Parry

foldface wrote:

[resize windows]
> Are there any third party tools that can do this?

When I used Windows (oh so many years ago) I used an application called
Sizer to do just this.

It resides in your Systemtray and allows you to resize any window to
preset sizes by right-clicking on it (I can't remember exactly where you
have to click, but I think it is the bottom-right corner). It also shows
you the size of any window in a tooltip as you resize it:

<url:http://www.brianapps.net/sizer.html>

--
Dylan Parry

foldface@yahoo.co.uk