Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Nested lists

Nested lists

Mitja

Luigi Donatello Asero <(E-Mail Removed)>
(news:AK4wc.94614$(E-Mail Removed)) wrote:
> "Mitja" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> news:Hv4wc.4370$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Luigi Donatello Asero <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> (news:ia3wc.94608$(E-Mail Removed)) wrote:
>>> "Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Well, actually, it should be the same list which begins in the first
>>> column on the left,
>>> goes in the second column in the middle and finishes in the third
>>> column on the right.
>>> That means that if the elements in the first column are ordered with
>>> numbers progressing from 1 to 10, for example, so the second column
>>> should begin with number 11 and going on till number 20 and the
>>> third column should begin with number 21 and finishing with the
>>> last item of the list.

>> Like the columns in MS Word, then. No way you can do this with CSS
>> (maintaining fixed height and making colums wrap automatically.) Use
>> server side scripting or manual editing to split the list as needed.

> Cannot I use nested lists and change the number by which each list
> should begin, setting 1 for the first, 11 for the second and 21 for
> the third?

As Neal pointed out, you can (either HTML 4.01 transitional or css2, but the
latter is very poorly supported:
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/generate.html). But that makes for manual
editing, since you have to explicitly define where one column ends and the
next one begins.

Sid Ismail

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 19:07:28 -0400, Neal <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

: Doesn't address the numbering, however. Unless you manually number, which
: is fine.

Yep - you should manually number them. Of course.

Sid

List of lists of lists of lists... =?UTF-8?B?w4FuZ2VsIEd1dGnDqXJyZXogUm9kcsOtZ3Vleg==?= Python 5 05-15-2006 11:47 AM
lists of lists Jon Slaughter C++ 4 12-13-2004 06:28 PM
Lists of Lists VWWall Computer Information 2 10-21-2004 01:15 AM
Counter for items in lists in lists? Charlotte Henkle Python 8 09-26-2004 04:22 AM
Sorting lists of lists... JustSomeGuy C++ 0 06-17-2004 05:44 PM

Advertisments