Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > pix maker dosen't work

pix maker dosen't work

Michael

I have software called pixmaker which creates 360 deg veiws for web. I put
it on m y web page and it dosn't go on some computers and comes up with an
error yet other it works fine. The url is http://carnarvon.125mb.com

Thanks

Mark Parnell

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 15:31:10 +1000, "Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)>
declared in alt.html:

> The url is http://carnarvon.125mb.com

It killed my browser.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Neal

wrote:

> I have software called pixmaker which creates 360 deg veiws for web. I
> put
> it on m y web page and it dosn't go on some computers and comes up with
> an
> error yet other it works fine. The url is http://carnarvon.125mb.com
>
> Thanks

Opera 7.23 - some images, but no 360 degree views. One image won't load -
after "... will be amazedby these features." Is that it? Don't work.

Mozilla 1.6 - I get that image as a missing puzzle piece thing, and it
says "After installing the plugin, click here."

IE 5.01-6 - a grey box. In IE and Mozilla I get the most annoying blimp
flying around. Where's a Howitzer when you need it? (Blam) There - killed
it.

I wonder what will happen if I open Netscape 4.01? Hmm... Ooh! A little
thing opened up. But the window says "License not detected" or something.
It's gone now...

Seems this pixmaker is pretty useless. Hardly likely anyone has it
installed.

(BTW, there are some really bad typos and coding in there. Whereis,
HowCarnarvon, etc. In Opera there are double spaces between lines - why
can't it just wrap to my viewport width?? I mean, it does anyway, which
makes it look awful... IE can get it, as it's M$ crap Frontpage code, and
Mozilla figures it out, but Opera, well it can't deal with the totally
bizarre stuff I see in the source - like "<o></o>" - what the hell is
that???)

Mark Parnell

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 02:14:37 -0400, Neal <(E-Mail Removed)> declared in
alt.html:

> "<o></o>" - what the hell is that???)

Looks like the OP has used <shudder>Word</shudder>

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Neal

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 16:30:42 +1000, Mark Parnell
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 02:14:37 -0400, Neal <(E-Mail Removed)> declared in
> alt.html:
>
>> "<o></o>" - what the hell is that???)

> Looks like the OP has used <shudder>Word</shudder>

But what is it, and why would Mozilla not screw up?

Mark Parnell

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 02:37:38 -0400, Neal <(E-Mail Removed)> declared in
alt.html:

> But what is it, and why would Mozilla not screw up?

IIRC it's to do with Word's "Smart Tags" - Word inserts it to make it
easier to convert back to a Word document later. Someone else may be
able to give you more information than that.

No browser should screw up - it is an unknown element, so it should just
get ignored (or the contents rendered if there were any).

"If a user agent encounters an element it does not recognize, it should
try to render the element's content."
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/appendix/...tml#didx-error

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Neal

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 16:49:17 +1000, Mark Parnell
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> No browser should screw up - it is an unknown element, so it should just
> get ignored (or the contents rendered if there were any).
>
> "If a user agent encounters an element it does not recognize, it should
> try to render the element's content."
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/appendix/...tml#didx-error

Well, maybe the better question is, "why does Opera 7.23 screw it up"?

"The park wasestablished in 1932 when 26300 hectares was set aside as a
national park. Todaythe park has grown to about 220 000 hectares. The park

temperature varies from 1C in winter to 35C in summer."

Somehow the odd little fellow is seen as a paragraph tag by Opera 7.23...

brucie

in post: <news:(E-Mail Removed)>
Michael <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> I have software called pixmaker which creates 360 deg veiws for web.

the Next Big Thing[tm] that never got there.

> and comes up with an error yet other it works fine. The url is
> http://carnarvon.125mb.com

i get a big "no hot link 125mb.com not accept a hotlink" image, is that
it?

--
b r u c i e

Michael