Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > target="_blank" cannot open a new window

target="_blank" cannot open a new window

Matt

In the following code, page1.asp is inside the frame of main.html.
When the user click submit button in page1.asp, it will submit the form
and open a new window called page2.asp. When the user clicks submit
button on page2.asp, I expected to open a new window called page3.asp.
Unfortunately, it just open page3.asp in the same window as page2.asp, and
now page2.asp is gone.

However, if I just open page1.asp, and begins from there, it is fine.
I think this is because page1.asp is put inside the frame.

========= main.html ======================
<frameset>
<frame src="page1.asp">
</frameset>

================== page1.asp ==============

<form action="page2.asp" target="_blank">

================== page2.asp ==============

<form action="page3.asp" target="_blank">

Any workarounds?? Thanks!!

DU

Matt wrote:

> In the following code, page1.asp is inside the frame of main.html.
> When the user click submit button in page1.asp, it will submit the form
> and open a new window called page2.asp. When the user clicks submit
> button on page2.asp, I expected to open a new window called page3.asp.
> Unfortunately, it just open page3.asp in the same window as page2.asp, and
> now page2.asp is gone.
>
> However, if I just open page1.asp, and begins from there, it is fine.
> I think this is because page1.asp is put inside the frame.
>
> ========= main.html ======================
> <frameset>
> <frame src="page1.asp">
> </frameset>
>
> ================== page1.asp ==============
>
> <form action="page2.asp" target="_blank">
>
> ================== page2.asp ==============
>
> <form action="page3.asp" target="_blank">
>

> Any workarounds?? Thanks!!

The best way to avoid getting an answer/solutions to your
question/problem is to multi-post in several newsgroups like you do. You
fragment discussions by doing so. There is no better turn-off than this.
It upsets people, you see.
Learn how to post, otherwise always tell people in which newsgroup you
want an answer.

Subject: Crossposting to multiple newsgroups
http://www.cs.uu.nl/wais/html/na-dir...s/general.html

DU

brucie

in post: <news:(E-Mail Removed) om>
Matt <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

frames _will_ make your peepee and/or boobies fall off

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzo...eb/frames.html
http://www.karlcore.com/articles/article.php?id=2
http://david.us-lot.org/www/frames/

--
b r u c i e

Whitecrest

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
****@bruciesusenetshit.info says...

> frames _will_ make your peepee and/or boobies fall off

Not my MIGHTY MAN MEAT!

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Whitecrest

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> ****@bruciesusenetshit.info says...

> > frames _will_ make your peepee and/or boobies fall off

> Not my MIGHTY MAN MEAT!

opps, just noticed you said boobies to... Never mind...
--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com