Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Problems with tables that should fill out the screen

Problems with tables that should fill out the screen

Thomas Korsgaard

Hello NG

I made a homepage (dont't mind the language) on this site

www.kampsax.dtu.dk/groups/kk13/

I have a problem though. The top blue bar with the KK13 logo is made
with a tabel, but sometimes it donsn't fill out the screen, as i told it
to in the stylesheet. An eksample of the problem can be found at:

http://www.kampsax.dtu.dk/groups/kk13/flash.html

The styleshee can be found here:

http://www.kampsax.dtu.dk/groups/kk13/vorkStyle.css

Can anybody tell me what the problem is? Thanks!

/Thomas Korsgaard

Mitja

Thomas Korsgaard <(E-Mail Removed)>
(news:c92o9q$400$(E-Mail Removed)-c.dk) wrote:
> Hello NG
>
> I made a homepage (dont't mind the language) on this site
>
> www.kampsax.dtu.dk/groups/kk13/
>
> I have a problem though. The top blue bar with the KK13 logo is made
> with a tabel, but sometimes it donsn't fill out the screen, as i told
> it to in the stylesheet. An eksample of the problem can be found at:
>
> http://www.kampsax.dtu.dk/groups/kk13/flash.html
>
> The styleshee can be found here:
>
> http://www.kampsax.dtu.dk/groups/kk13/vorkStyle.css
>
> Can anybody tell me what the problem is? Thanks!

You can't do things like <td colspan="2" width: 100% id="header">. You've
also got two inexplicable css lines in the head section of the html, whereas
all the rest of the css is in a separate file.

In the example above, ...style="width: 100%" should do what you want,
although I don't know if it'll fix the problem. I strongly recommend you
read a css tutorial - you are definitely beginning to get the hang of it, so
it would be a shame not to make more out of it. Note, for example, that
"text-align: center; text-align: bottom;" doesn't do what you intended, that
you mustn't specify values without units (e.g. width:95) etc.

Still, it's a good start, keep it up. <thumbs style="direction:upwards;" />

> /Thomas Korsgaard

brucie

in post: <news:c92o9q$400$(E-Mail Removed)-c.dk>
Thomas Korsgaard <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> http://www.kampsax.dtu.dk/groups/kk13/

http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/kk13/kk13.****

minor bug with IE centering the flash graphic, i'm to lazy to look for a
fix.

--
b r u c i e