Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > "More Eric Meyer on CSS"

"More Eric Meyer on CSS"

Matthias Gutfeldt

brucie wrote:
> in post: <news:Xns94F4A5A5B91D2doormouseattnet@68.12.19.6 >
> The Doormouse <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>

>>>i find it very difficult to justify the purchase of computer books when
>>>everything you need to know is online.

>>Hardcopy has advantages.

> very true but that doesn't mean i have to purchase a book. my browser
> has a kewl little button and if i press it what i see on screen
> magically appears on a piece of paper. its amazing.

That's sorcery! Your browser should be burned at the stake!

Matthias

brucie

in post: <news:Xns94F4D1AA72D39doormouseattnet@68.12.19.6 >
The Doormouse <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>> very true but that doesn't mean i have to purchase a book. my browser
>> has a kewl little button and if i press it what i see on screen
>> magically appears on a piece of paper. its amazing.

> Mine does that, too

****! i'll have to think of something else i can try to impress you
with.

my mouse doesn't have a ball and it still works!

> ... but after the second ream of paper, and a new
> print cartridge, it got old ... =)
> ... print cartridges sometimes cost as much as the book ...

you either have extremely cheap books or amazingly expensive printing
consumables.

as you seem to have an attachment to books have you ever thought to take
them to your local copy place and having their spine guillotined off and
rebound with a spine that allows the book to lay flat? its only about $5
and very convenient.

--
b r u c i e

brucie

in post: <news:(E-Mail Removed)>
Matthias Gutfeldt <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>> my browser has a kewl little button and if i press it what i see on
>> screen magically appears on a piece of paper. its amazing.

> That's sorcery! Your browser should be burned at the stake!

that may be so but you cant deny (like some) that you're not impressed
can you?

--
b r u c i e

brucie

in post: <news(E-Mail Removed)>
Neal <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>> the only underwear i want is other peoples.

> Clean or dirty?

i don't mind as long as they're like mommies
http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/mommy.jpg [22k]

--
b r u c i e

Barry Pearson

brucie wrote:
> in post: <news:Xns94F4D1AA72D39doormouseattnet@68.12.19.6 >
> The Doormouse <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

[snip]
> my mouse doesn't have a ball and it still works!

[snip]

My mouse doesn't have a ball. Or a wire. Or a battery. Or a light.

And it still works!

--
Barry Pearson
http://www.BirdsAndAnimals.info/

Els

brucie wrote:

> ****! i'll have to think of something else i can try to impress you
> with.
>
> my mouse doesn't have a ball and it still works!

Mine doesn't either, and works too.

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/

brucie

in post: <news:VoZsc.16$(E-Mail Removed)>
Barry Pearson <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>> my mouse doesn't have a ball and it still works!

> My mouse doesn't have a ball. Or a wire. Or a battery. Or a light.
> And it still works!

i don't like you anymore.

<sits in the corner and sulks/>

--
b r u c i e

PeterMcC

brucie wrote in
<(E-Mail Removed)>

> in post: <news:(E-Mail Removed)>
> Matthias Gutfeldt <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>>> my browser has a kewl little button and if i press it what i see on
>>> screen magically appears on a piece of paper. its amazing.

>> That's sorcery! Your browser should be burned at the stake!

> that may be so but you cant deny (like some) that you're not impressed
> can you?

And would you like a double negative with that, Sir?

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Els

brucie wrote:

> <sits in the corner and sulks/>

I'm impressed with the amount of ducttape you have on you?
I don't even have a teeny weeny little bit in the house...

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/

Lauri Raittila

The Doormouse wrote:
> brucie <****@bruciesusenetshit.info> wrote:
>
> > i find it very difficult to justify the purchase of computer books when
> > everything you need to know is online.

> Hardcopy has advantages.
>
> For example, I am relearning that which I forgot about C# - my reference
> book is 1200+ pages. This book would be awkward to use online.

Does the book have search function?

> A book has built-in space for handwritten notes.

There is build in space for notes in my browser.

> Web pages go down and, sadly, indexing the internet is like herding cats.

Printed books get outdated.

> While Google does a good job, a book's table of contents and index are
> just superior.

I really prefer using HTML versions of printed books, exept for novels
etc. Of course, that requires well done HTML version, with index and toc,
and those aren't often free. OTOH, books hardly ever have any information
not available freely at WWW.

I'm looking for work | Etsin tyt

Eric Meyer on how to become a web designer (and how not) Andy Dingley HTML 0 10-24-2006 03:38 PM
Use of csshover.htc as in More Eric Meyer on CSS Project 6 rfr HTML 2 08-19-2006 04:00 AM
Than ;you Eric <Eric> Jackie MCSD 0 06-22-2004 05:24 PM
Nice Take on Selectors from Eric Meyer kayodeok HTML 0 12-12-2003 08:41 AM
Mike Meyer's Certification Books Eli MCSE 6 11-30-2003 11:37 PM

Advertisments