Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > "More Eric Meyer on CSS"

"More Eric Meyer on CSS"

John McGaw

Have any of you seen the new Meyer book? Opinions? I've found his others
useful and educational but am wondering if he's found enough new material to
cover to make the purchase worthwhile. TIA
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

brucie

in post: <news:YLNsc.18735$(E-Mail Removed) >
John McGaw <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> Have any of you seen the new Meyer book?

no

> am wondering if he's found enough new material to cover to make the
> purchase worthwhile.

i find it very difficult to justify the purchase of computer books when
everything you need to know is online.

--
b r u c i e

The Doormouse

brucie <****@bruciesusenetshit.info> wrote:

> i find it very difficult to justify the purchase of computer books when
> everything you need to know is online.

Hardcopy has advantages.

For example, I am relearning that which I forgot about C# - my reference
book is 1200+ pages. This book would be awkward to use online.

A book has built-in space for handwritten notes.

Web pages go down and, sadly, indexing the internet is like herding cats.
While Google does a good job, a book's table of contents and index are
just superior.

The Doormouse

brucie

in post: <news:Xns94F4A5A5B91D2doormouseattnet@68.12.19.6 >
The Doormouse <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>> i find it very difficult to justify the purchase of computer books when
>> everything you need to know is online.

> Hardcopy has advantages.

very true but that doesn't mean i have to purchase a book. my browser
has a kewl little button and if i press it what i see on screen
magically appears on a piece of paper. its amazing.

--
b r u c i e

Duende

While sitting in a puddle brucie scribbled in the mud:

> i find it very difficult to justify the purchase of computer books when
> everything you need to know is online.

So there is no good reason you can't afford proper undeware.

--
Duende
I'll never do that again.

brucie

in post: <news:Xns94F4AE08E9624spamxxwipkipbiz@130.133.1. 4>
Duende <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> So there is no good reason you can't afford proper undeware.

the only underwear i want is other peoples.

--
b r u c i e

Karl Groves

"brucie" <****@bruciesusenetshit.info> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> in post: <news:Xns94F4AE08E9624spamxxwipkipbiz@130.133.1. 4>
> Duende <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
> > So there is no good reason you can't afford proper undeware.

> the only underwear i want is other peoples.

I'll sell you some of mine.

-Karl

Whitecrest

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, ****@bruciesusenetshit.info
says...
> > So there is no good reason you can't afford proper undeware.

> the only underwear i want is other peoples.

Awesome, I was wondering who I would give these to. (don't mind the
racing stripe)

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Neal

On Wed, 26 May 2004 10:18:35 +1000, brucie <****@bruciesusenetshit.info>
wrote:

> the only underwear i want is other peoples.

Clean or dirty?

The Doormouse

brucie <****@bruciesusenetshit.info> wrote:

> very true but that doesn't mean i have to purchase a book. my browser
> has a kewl little button and if i press it what i see on screen
> magically appears on a piece of paper. its amazing.

Mine does that, too ... but after the second ream of paper, and a new
print cartridge, it got old ... =)

.... print cartridges sometimes cost as much as the book ...

If you have access to an endless supply of free paper and ink (ie "at
work"), then I suppose it is a good deal. Though, your coworkers might
get fussy.

The Doormouse

Eric Meyer on how to become a web designer (and how not) Andy Dingley HTML 0 10-24-2006 03:38 PM
Use of csshover.htc as in More Eric Meyer on CSS Project 6 rfr HTML 2 08-19-2006 04:00 AM
Than ;you Eric <Eric> Jackie MCSD 0 06-22-2004 05:24 PM
Nice Take on Selectors from Eric Meyer kayodeok HTML 0 12-12-2003 08:41 AM
Mike Meyer's Certification Books Eli MCSE 6 11-30-2003 11:37 PM

Advertisments