Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Critique my page

Critique my page

John D.

Although I am very happy with the content of this page, my HTML skills leave
much to be desired. I am open to some suggestions in the design of this
page as well as where would be the best place to include a navigation bar.

http://topdomainnetwork.com/perspective.html

Hywel

In article <Ydgrc.25152$(E-Mail Removed)>, John D.
says...
> Although I am very happy with the content of this page, my HTML skills leave
> much to be desired. I am open to some suggestions in the design of this
> page as well as where would be the best place to include a navigation bar.
>
> http://topdomainnetwork.com/perspective.html

It doesn't appear to have been designed, more thrown together. You may
as well use a Front Page theme or download a template to improve it
greatly.

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://kibo.org.uk/

Edwin van der Vaart

John D. wrote:
> Although I am very happy with the content of this page, my HTML skills leave
> much to be desired. I am open to some suggestions in the design of this
> page as well as where would be the best place to include a navigation bar.
>
> http://topdomainnetwork.com/perspective.html

The page is too width. The font size is too big.
Use a form mail with serverside process, because there are a lot of
people how haven't a borwser with a proper integrated messenger.
--
Edwin van der Vaart

jake

In message <Ydgrc.25152$(E-Mail Removed)>, John D.
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Although I am very happy with the content of this page, my HTML skills leave
>much to be desired. I am open to some suggestions in the design of this
>page as well as where would be the best place to include a navigation bar.
>
>http://topdomainnetwork.com/perspective.html

Just a couple of initial thoughts:

(a) The contrast between the smallest and the largest text is too great;
make the biggest text smaller -- and the smallest text bigger

(b) Read up on correct mark-up for data tables -- remember that not all
your visitors can see your page; some people have to listen to it -- so
correct mark-up is essential.

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/tables.html

(c) Make the 'Misc. Comparisons' table a little bit wider, or make it
look like the receding table -- or part of the preceding table

(d) Read up on CSS / stylesheets so that you can reduce the number of
<tags> on the page.

regards.

--
Jake

The Doormouse

Hywel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It doesn't appear to have been designed, more thrown together. You may
> as well use a Front Page theme or download a template to improve it
> greatly.

I agree - FP would be an improvement.

The Doormouse

Page Critique sorry.no.email@post_NG.com HTML 17 06-19-2006 11:26 PM
Critique Request: CheckBoxColumn Fao, Sean ASP .Net 0 02-15-2006 05:09 PM
Pls critique Ike Java 1 10-01-2003 04:47 PM
Test page critique Dariusz HTML 16 09-15-2003 11:52 PM
comp critique nkiru HTML 2 08-05-2003 07:44 AM

Advertisments