Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Suggestions of free HTML editor

Suggestions of free HTML editor

Chaos Master

Hello people

I like to do my HTML pages in a plain text editor like NotePad, but coding
accents and special characters (é, &uacute, and typing JavaScript/Java
tags makes me crazy.

A "real-time" preview of my home-page would be good, too.

Does someone here have any suggestions of free HTML editor?

Thanks!

--
Chaos Master® | "I'm going under,
Posting from Brazil | drowning in you

A.A. Fussy

"Chaos Master" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hello people
>
> I like to do my HTML pages in a plain text editor like NotePad, but coding
> accents and special characters (&eacute;, &uacute, and typing

JavaScript/Java
> tags makes me crazy.
>
> A "real-time" preview of my home-page would be good, too.
>
> Does someone here have any suggestions of free HTML editor?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Chaos Master® | "I'm going under,
> Posting from Brazil | drowning in you
> ICQ 126735906 | I'm falling forever,
> LRU 349031 Slack9.1 | I've got to break through"
> -------------------- -- Evanescence, "Going Under"

Babya bWeb is similar to shareware programs like Hotdog Pro but it's free.
Download it from alt.comp.binaries soon.

Shailesh Humbad

Chaos Master wrote:
> Hello people
>
> I like to do my HTML pages in a plain text editor like NotePad, but coding
> accents and special characters (&eacute;, &uacute, and typing JavaScript/Java
> tags makes me crazy.
>
> A "real-time" preview of my home-page would be good, too.
>
> Does someone here have any suggestions of free HTML editor?
>
> Thanks!

Use Textpad. http://www.textpad.com/ It is not free, but you can use
it for any amount of time without registering. It just gives you a
warning to register every so often. You will save so much time versus
using NotePad that you will find it well worth your while to buy it.

Neal

On Tue, 18 May 2004 01:15:13 -0300, Chaos Master <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello people
>
> I like to do my HTML pages in a plain text editor like NotePad, but
> coding
> accents and special characters (&eacute;, &uacute, and typing
> JavaScript/Java
> tags makes me crazy.
>
> A "real-time" preview of my home-page would be good, too.
>
> Does someone here have any suggestions of free HTML editor?
>
> Thanks!

I like Crimson Editor (http://www.crimsoneditor.com) - does macros, mass
copy-replace is a breeze, try it.

Mark Parnell

On Tue, 18 May 2004 01:15:13 -0300, Chaos Master <(E-Mail Removed)> declared
in alt.comp.freeware,alt.html:

> Does someone here have any suggestions of free HTML editor?

HTML-Kit - http://www.chamisplace.com/html-kit/

brucie has a great list of editors, but he's not around, and I don't
have a copy of it.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Neal

On Tue, 18 May 2004 14:57:00 +1000, Mark Parnell
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Tue, 18 May 2004 01:15:13 -0300, Chaos Master <(E-Mail Removed)> declared
> in alt.comp.freeware,alt.html:
>
>> Does someone here have any suggestions of free HTML editor?

> HTML-Kit - http://www.chamisplace.com/html-kit/
>
> brucie has a great list of editors, but he's not around, and I don't
> have a copy of it.

Here's one of brucie's lists...

> jedit: http://www.jedit.org/ nedit: http://www.nedit.org/
> netpadd: http://www.netpadd.com/
> araneae: http://www.araneae.com/
> 1st page: http://www.evrsoft.com/ crimson: http://crimsoneditor.com/
> ezpad: http://www.mmedia.is/ezpad/
> acehtml: http://freeware.acehtml.com/
> notetab light: http://www.notetab.com/
> tswebeditor: http://tswebeditor.net.tc/
> html-kit: http://www.chami.com/html-kit/
> pspad: http://www.pspad.com/index_en.html
> websmill: http://www.xtreeme.com/websmill/
> metapad: http://www.liquidninja.com/metapad/
> quanta (linux): http://quanta.sourceforge.net/ dirt&stick:
> http://bruciesusenetshit.info/editor/
> notespad: http://www.newbie.net/NotesPad/index.html
> grey matter pro: http://www.pagetutor.com/misc/grey.html editpad lite:
> http://www.editpadlite.com/editpadlite.html
> stones webwrite: http://www.webwriter.dk/english/index.htm
> matizha sublime: http://www.matizha.com/en/products/sublime/

tourguy2

"Neal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 18 May 2004 01:15:13 -0300, Chaos Master <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hello people
> >
> > I like to do my HTML pages in a plain text editor like NotePad, but
> > coding
> > accents and special characters (&eacute;, &uacute, and typing
> > JavaScript/Java
> > tags makes me crazy.
> >
> > A "real-time" preview of my home-page would be good, too.
> >
> > Does someone here have any suggestions of free HTML editor?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> I like Crimson Editor (http://www.crimsoneditor.com) - does macros, mass
> copy-replace is a breeze, try it.

Notetab Lite is free (www.notetab.com/) , great search/replace that really
works, but I like EditPlus (www.editplus.com/)
If you want, you can use one trial program at a time for like 30 days...it
will probably take you 2 years to try out those decent ones alone. In my
opinion, there're not too many problems adapting to use different editors.

Martin Seibert

"Chaos Master" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb:

> Hello people
>
> I like to do my HTML pages in a plain text editor like NotePad, but
> coding accents and special characters (&eacute;, &uacute, and typing
> JavaScript/Java tags makes me crazy.
>
> A "real-time" preview of my home-page would be good, too.
>
> Does someone here have any suggestions of free HTML editor?

Don't know if it's in english available, but the best pure HTML Editor
I know is Phase5. http://www.ftp-uploader.de/ftp-download.php4

Just some of the features i love in this program

- project manager
- plugins
- strong search & replace (also for/over multiple files or your project)
- include files (place common code in include files and the editor includes
it for you in specified files where you want it) *mega bonus feature*
- quick preview function
- possibility to use webserver in a WAMP environment
- undo even after save
- CSS/VBscript
- Layouts
- syntax debugger
- foot notes assistant
- edit multiple files at once (multiple windows)
- ... and much more

REM

> Chaos Master <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I like to do my HTML pages in a plain text editor like NotePad, but coding
>accents and special characters (&eacute;, &uacute, and typing JavaScript/Java
>tags makes me crazy.

>A "real-time" preview of my home-page would be good, too.

>Does someone here have any suggestions of free HTML editor?

You can't beat this great freeware for your needs. It's feature loaded
and rocks, with a code check/correcting and realtime views:

http://www.pspad.com/en/index.html

REM

http://www.pspad.com/en/index.html ( new link I think)