Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > non-breakable hyphen

non-breakable hyphen

Gilbert Saint-Flour

Hello:

How can I prevent a string of characters which contains a hyphen (e.g.
ABCDEF-GH) from being split when it is displayed at the end of a line and
there isn't enough room for it? I know <nobr>ABCDEF-GH</nobr> will do the
trick, but is there another solution ?

Thanks.

PeterMcC

Gilbert Saint-Flour wrote in
<(E-Mail Removed)>

> Hello:

Hi

> How can I prevent a string of characters which contains a hyphen (e.g.
> ABCDEF-GH) from being split when it is displayed at the end of a line
> and there isn't enough room for it? I know <nobr>ABCDEF-GH</nobr>
> will do the trick, but is there another solution ?

‑ may help.

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Philipp Lenssen

Gilbert Saint-Flour wrote:

> How can I prevent a string of characters which contains a hyphen (e.g.
> ABCDEF-GH) from being split when it is displayed at the end of a line
> and there isn't enough room for it? I know <nobr>ABCDEF-GH</nobr>
> will do the trick, but is there another solution ?

May be a start...
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/nobr.html

--
Google Blogoscoped