Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Make domain appear on all pages

Make domain appear on all pages

ross

I have noticed that some web pages do not show their actual url in the
address bar, but the web domain name. For instance, www.kcsenior.net. The
web space address is never shown throughout the site. How is this done,
please? I appreciate this newsgroup. Dick Ross

Els

ross wrote:

> I have noticed that some web pages do not show their actual url in the
> address bar, but the web domain name. For instance, www.kcsenior.net. The
> web space address is never shown throughout the site. How is this done,
> please? I appreciate this newsgroup. Dick Ross

It's done using frames, and it's a bad thing. How will you
bookmark that one special page you liked?

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/

Hywel

In article <40a66869$0$41746$(E-Mail Removed) >, Els
says...
> ross wrote:
>
> > I have noticed that some web pages do not show their actual url in the
> > address bar, but the web domain name. For instance, www.kcsenior.net. The
> > web space address is never shown throughout the site. How is this done,
> > please? I appreciate this newsgroup. Dick Ross

> It's done using frames, and it's a bad thing. How will you
> bookmark that one special page you liked?

Use the query string to pass the name of the page you want loaded into
the frameset around. Easy.

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://kibo.org.uk/

David Dorward

Hywel wrote:

> Use the query string to pass the name of the page you want loaded into
> the frameset around. Easy.

Which then displays a URL other then "just the domain name" which defeats
the (foolish) object of the exercise.

Hywel

In article <c884d2$dt3$1$(E-Mail Removed)>, David Dorward
says...
> Hywel wrote:
>
> > Use the query string to pass the name of the page you want loaded into
> > the frameset around. Easy.

> Which then displays a URL other then "just the domain name" which defeats
> the (foolish) object of the exercise.

Indeed, though I was addressing the bookmarking of a framed page
mentioned by Els.

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://kibo.org.uk/