Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Don't show the page as a part of URL.

Don't show the page as a part of URL.

Matt

The web page has page1.asp, page2.asp, page3.asp, etc...
However, When we type http://www.myserver.com, and go
to different pages, the URL will be unchanged. How to do that?

Usually, it will be http://www.myserver.com/page1.asp,
http://www.myserver.com/page2.asp, etc..., with the
actual page.

Leif K-Brooks

Matt wrote:
> The web page has page1.asp, page2.asp, page3.asp, etc...
> However, When we type http://www.myserver.com, and go
> to different pages, the URL will be unchanged. How to do that?

Don't. No URL change would make it impossible to bookmark different
pages on your site, send friends links to specific pages, etc.

Jukka K. Korpela

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Matt) wrote:

> When we type http://www.myserver.com, and go
> to different pages, the URL will be unchanged.

The domain myserver.com does not currently exist.

You are misguided in several other ways, too, including the following:
- you multiposted
- you don't use your real in accordance with RFC 1036
- you asked how to achieve something foolish and destructive
- you didn't even look at the _poor_ HTML tutorials, which surely tell
how to do that (without telling why it shouldn't be done, and often
without mentioning this most harmful side effect of framing).

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/