Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Minimum Height of an Iframe

Minimum Height of an Iframe

David Morris

Can someone please tell me why the following two frames are not the same
size?

<head></head>

<iframe style="width:50px; height:50px;"
src="http://www.subway.com"></iframe>

<iframe height="100%" width="100%" src="http://www.subway.com"></iframe>

It looks like when you put an Iframe into a div, it can't be shorter
than 150px. I only put it in the div so I can manipulate the iframes
height and width via javascript.

Thanx in advance.

David Dorward

David Morris wrote:

> Can someone please tell me why the following two frames are not the same
> size?

> <iframe height="100%" width="100%" src="http://www.subway.com"></iframe>

(a) Does not have height or width that can be influenced by CSS (at least
without making it a block)
(b) Can not, in HTML, hold a <div> element.

http://validator.w3.org/ is your friend.

minimum height for a layout Mark HTML 3 11-28-2007 02:05 PM
Minimum height of web controls lotharlinux@hotmail.com ASP .Net Web Controls 1 12-04-2006 05:04 PM
iFrame Javascript Minimum Frame Height Issue chasquad Javascript 0 02-13-2006 03:08 PM
Div inside an iframe - how to set height relative to the iframe's visible size? Joe Attardi Javascript 0 01-17-2006 08:01 PM