Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Printly friendly pages

Printly friendly pages

Todd Cary

I have a news letter produced by PageMaker that is normally put into PDF
format so the user can download it. However, I would like to have a
Printer Friendly version (no graphics). Is there a program that will do
this?

Todd

Foofy (formerly known as Spaghetti)

On Thu, 13 May 2004 19:13:00 GMT, Todd Cary <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> I have a news letter produced by PageMaker that is normally put into PDF
> format so the user can download it. However, I would like to have a
> Printer Friendly version (no graphics). Is there a program that will do

You could attach a print stylesheet to the HTML document that hides images
and fixes font sizes, etc. For instance, use this code to attach a print
stylesheet:

<link href="print-stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
media="print">

And in the CSS file:

img { display: none; }
body { font-size: 12pt; }