Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How do I create laser writing like effect?

How do I create laser writing like effect?

qu1nn

Hello.
I have done some basic www design in the past (years ago; real basic)
A friend asked me how to create an effect for a web page so it appears
as if a laser were burning text into the web page itself, sort of
logo-ish.
Any pointers would be great!
Thank you for your time
qu1nn

Karl Groves

"qu1nn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hello.
> I have done some basic www design in the past (years ago; real basic)
> A friend asked me how to create an effect for a web page so it appears
> as if a laser were burning text into the web page itself, sort of
> logo-ish.

That's soooooooo 1996

-Karl

Whitecrest

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> Hello.
> I have done some basic www design in the past (years ago; real basic)
> A friend asked me how to create an effect for a web page so it appears
> as if a laser were burning text into the web page itself, sort of
> logo-ish.

If he wants to "see" it burn, then you need flash. If he wants to
display the "results" of the laser, then any good paint program will let
you draw it.

For the flash solution, see www.flashkit.com for some examples, or
www.swishit.com if you don't own flash.
--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Whitecrest

In article <c7vnj9$mct$(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> > I have done some basic www design in the past (years ago; real basic)
> > A friend asked me how to create an effect for a web page so it appears
> > as if a laser were burning text into the web page itself, sort of
> > logo-ish.

> That's soooooooo 1996

AWESOME! Not only does he get a great flash intro, it is also retro! He
wins all the way around!

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Richard

"Whitecrest" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > Hello.
> > I have done some basic www design in the past (years ago; real basic)
> > A friend asked me how to create an effect for a web page so it appears
> > as if a laser were burning text into the web page itself, sort of
> > logo-ish.

> If he wants to "see" it burn, then you need flash. If he wants to
> display the "results" of the laser, then any good paint program will let
> you draw it.
>
> For the flash solution, see www.flashkit.com for some examples, or
> www.swishit.com if you don't own flash.

Swish looks like a winner to me. Beats the bloat ware of flash.

Whitecrest

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
> > For the flash solution, see www.flashkit.com for some examples, or
> > www.swishit.com if you don't own flash.

> Swish looks like a winner to me. Beats the bloat ware of flash.

Swish is an awesome program. It allows you to make Flash objet every
easily. It is a bit less powerful than Flash (especially in scripting)
but works great for 90% of what someone would do with flash. And the
price can't be beat either.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com