Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > looking for page that shows every colour available

looking for page that shows every colour available

Wayne...

I while back I had a link to a page that showed every available colour that
you could come up with in dreamweaver. But after a system crash I lost it
and have been unable to find it again. If any one knows of something like
this please pass me the link or failing that a bit of php cpode that would
generate it onto a page.
Thanks in advance.

Wayne...

The Doormouse

"Wayne..." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I while back I had a link to a page that showed every available colour
> that you could come up with in dreamweaver.

Both "Black" AND "White"? Woot! =)

Try this:
http://www.visibone.com/colorlab/

There are 216 in all. 6*6*6 =)

The Doormouse

Whitecrest

In article <4090074f@212.67.96.135>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> I while back I had a link to a page that showed every available colour that
> you could come up with in dreamweaver.

It is not "every color" but this may be what you mean.

http://www.december.com/html/spec/color.html

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Michael Wilcox

The Doormouse wrote:
> There are 216 in all. 6*6*6 =)

I think it's actually several thousand. There's so-called websafe
colors, but since most monitors in use can render colors in the
thousands, these charts are obsolete. Nevertheless, they are a good
reference if you'd like a wide selection of colors and don't know where
to begin (although I think most of those colors are pretty nasty).

If you want a big range, try something like Color Set
<http://webtools.arisesoft.com/colorset/>
--
Michael Wilcox, http://mikewilcox.t35.com/

Toby A Inkster

The Doormouse wrote:

> There are 216 in all. 6*6*6 =)

The 216-colour palette is cargo cult nonsense. It once made sense -- way
back when a significant number of users had 256 colour displays.

These days there's no point in restricting yourself to 6*6*6 = 216 when
you can use any of 256*256*256 = 16,777,216 different colours.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Whitecrest

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> The 216-colour palette is cargo cult nonsense. It once made sense -- way
> back when a significant number of users had 256 colour displays.
> These days there's no point in restricting yourself to 6*6*6 = 216 when
> you can use any of 256*256*256 = 16,777,216 different colours.

What about color blind people? Isn't that discrimination?
--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Mark Parnell

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:38:09 -0400, Whitecrest
<(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:

> What about color blind people? Isn't that discrimination?

Only if the colours you pick don't contrast enough. The first colour you
use can be any of those 16,777,216 colours - you just have to make sure
that the other colours contrast enough with that one.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Andy Dingley

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:34:12 +0100, "Wayne..."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I while back I had a link to a page that showed every available colour

www.bookmarklets.com has a handy viewer for the magic 216 colour set
(and other stuff too).

It's far from all the colours you can have, but it's a handy ref for
when you just need to pick a few distinct colours and get on with
things.
--
Smert' spamionam

Andrew Urquhart

*Wayne...* wrote:
> I while back I had a link to a page that showed every available
> colour that you could come up with in dreamweaver. But after a
> system crash I lost it and have been unable to find it again. If any
> one knows of something like this please pass me the link or failing
> that a bit of php cpode that would generate it onto a page.
> Thanks in advance.

If you have a fast machine, and don't mind a javascript-only webpage,
then there are quite a few colours to choose from with the DHTML colour
picker I cobbled together: www.andrewu.co.uk/tools/colourpicker/
--
Andrew Urquhart
- FAQ: www.html-faq.com/

Mabden

"Whitecrest" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> In article <4090074f@212.67.96.135>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > I while back I had a link to a page that showed every available colour

that
> > you could come up with in dreamweaver.

> It is not "every color" but this may be what you mean.
>
> http://www.december.com/html/spec/color.html

Here's another one that's been around for years:
http://www.hitmill.com/html/colorchart.html

--
Mabden