Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Screen Size

Screen Size

Phillip Mann

Is there a way I can get my web pages to show up on a notebook
computer monitor the same way it does on a desktop 19 inch monitor?

Phil

www.BluegrassBanjo.com
www.BluegrassBanjo.org

Karl Groves

"Phillip Mann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way I can get my web pages to show up on a notebook
> computer monitor the same way it does on a desktop 19 inch monitor?

http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?AnySizeDesign
http://www.webstyleguide.com/page/layout.html
http://www.digital-web.com/tutorials..._1999-10.shtml
http://www.evolt.org/article/rudy/20/15177/
http://webtips.dan.info/tables.html
http://www.ddj.com/documents/s=2684/...092/index.html

-Karl

Phillip Mann

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:37:44 -0400, "Karl Groves"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Phillip Mann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Is there a way I can get my web pages to show up on a notebook
>> computer monitor the same way it does on a desktop 19 inch monitor?

>http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?AnySizeDesign
>http://www.webstyleguide.com/page/layout.html
>http://www.digital-web.com/tutorials..._1999-10.shtml
>http://www.evolt.org/article/rudy/20/15177/
>http://webtips.dan.info/tables.html
>http://www.ddj.com/documents/s=2684/...092/index.html
>
>-Karl

Thanks, Karl!!!

Phil

www.BluegrassBanjo.com
www.BluegrassBanjo.org

Toby A Inkster

Phillip Mann wrote:

> Is there a way I can get my web pages to show up on a notebook
> computer monitor the same way it does on a desktop 19 inch monitor?

Get some duct tape (brucie ought to be able to supply) and cover over
about 7 of those inches of your desktop monitor.

Different monitors are just different. Your web site will never look the
*same* on them all. Settle for something that looks *good* on them all.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

brucie

in post: <news(E-Mail Removed) >
Toby A Inkster <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> Get some duct tape (brucie ought to be able to supply)

of course, i have many colors/width/styles available. the most popular
at the moment being a deep maroon with little red love hearts pierced
with an embossed gold arrow. its a very nice quality product. if anyone
would like samples and demonstrations of use i am available to visit.

--
b r u c i e

rosco

Excellent references. Gracias

---------
Rosco

Hywel Jenkins

Phillip Mann <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> Is there a way I can get my web pages to show up on a notebook
> computer monitor the same way it does on a desktop 19 inch monitor?

The size of the monitor is irrelevant. It's the number of pixels in
the X/Y axes that are important. For example, my laptop, running at
1280x1024 has far more pixels and a larger canvas, than a desktop
running at 640x480.

--
Hywel