Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Back and drop down list problem

Back and drop down list problem

zebulon

Hi,
I have a page with a drop down list and a table. When the list is changed
(dates), the form is posted and the values in the table change (besides are
servlets but that's not the
point).
That works fine.
The problem is that if the user click on the back button of the browser, the
datas in the table change (previous datas) but not the selected value of the
drop down list, which makes
the view irrelevent. If you then watch the source of the page, it is correct
: the "selected" value of the drop down list, is not the one that appears
selected.
Same behavior with IE and Mozilla.

What is that ? Is it a browser's bug ?
What's the simplest work around knowing that I actually have many drop down
lists ?

Thanks