Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > collapsible lists test

collapsible lists test

Jeff Thies

I've been toying with the idea of "tree view" collapsible lists.

This is a javascript/css thingy. So if you can live with javascript:

I think the tree view is easier to follow for deeply nested lists.

Opinions, Comments, Insults? Formatting problems? Changes?

I've tested in IE5, NS7.1 and Opera 7.1 (windows).

I'm a little miffed at having to use &nbsp;'s but I can't find a cross
browser solution otherwise. Maybe I'll inline the image...

Jeff

spaghetti

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 05:22:40 GMT, Jeff Thies <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I've been toying with the idea of "tree view" collapsible lists.
>
> This is a javascript/css thingy. So if you can live with javascript:

> I think the tree view is easier to follow for deeply nested lists.
>
> Opinions, Comments, Insults? Formatting problems? Changes?
>
> I've tested in IE5, NS7.1 and Opera 7.1 (windows).
>
> I'm a little miffed at having to use &nbsp;'s but I can't find a cross
> browser solution otherwise. Maybe I'll inline the image...

Try this:

http://www.gazingus.org/html/Using_L...TML_Menus.html (the
collapsable one). I think you can mimick the outline stuff by adjusting
the graphic. I'll toy with it for a bit and post if I come up with
something good.

Jeff Thies

> Try this:
>
> http://www.gazingus.org/html/Using_L...TML_Menus.html (the
> collapsable one). I think you can mimick the outline stuff by adjusting
> the graphic. I'll toy with it for a bit and post if I come up with
> something good.

Cute. I like the javascript link cancellation on the folder pages.

What I don't like is that it is riddled with ID's and classnames and
requires initializing each list. But then, I'm a simple guy.

Jeff

Lauri Raittila

In article Jeff Thies wrote:
> I've been toying with the idea of "tree view" collapsible lists.
>
> This is a javascript/css thingy. So if you can live with javascript:

> I think the tree view is easier to follow for deeply nested lists.
>
> Opinions, Comments, Insults? Formatting problems? Changes?
>
> I've tested in IE5, NS7.1 and Opera 7.1 (windows).

O7.5b1 OK

> I'm a little miffed at having to use &nbsp;'s but I can't find a cross
> browser solution otherwise. Maybe I'll inline the image...

u {padding-left:16px} ?

Saapi lähettää meiliä, jos aihe ei liity ryhmään, tai on yksityinen
tjsp., mutta älä lähetä samaa viestiä meilitse ja ryhmään.

Collapsible lists James Hutton HTML 1 07-21-2006 01:33 PM
List of lists of lists of lists... =?UTF-8?B?w4FuZ2VsIEd1dGnDqXJyZXogUm9kcsOtZ3Vleg==?= Python 5 05-15-2006 11:47 AM
Collapsible Grid/Tree mj2736@yahoo.com ASP .Net 0 02-27-2006 09:16 PM
Collapsible list of question and answer Anitha ASP .Net 4 12-13-2005 02:25 PM