Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Frames and scrollbars

Frames and scrollbars

Ronny Mandal

Hi, I have an issue with a site that uses frames. The horizontal scrollbar
is always present, even though the contents are not wider than the window.

What is the problem here?

Anyone got some articles?

Thanks,

-RM

C A Upsdell

"Ronny Mandal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c66j0m$oho$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I have an issue with a site that uses frames. The horizontal scrollbar
> is always present, even though the contents are not wider than the window.
>
> What is the problem here?
>
> Anyone got some articles?

This is a known problem with IE6.

Ronny Mandal

--

This will only happen if the file is xhtml-compliant, by putting these lines
in the very beginning:

Not good.

brucie

in post: <news:c66j0m$oho$(E-Mail Removed)>
"Ronny Mandal" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> Hi, I have an issue with a site that uses frames.
> What is the problem here?

frames

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzo...eb/frames.html
http://www.karlcore.com/articles/article.php?id=2
http://david.us-lot.org/www/frames/

--
b r u c i e

Duende

While sitting in a puddle brucie scribbled in the mud:

> frames

Frames are your friends. Think how dumb it look to just stick a door or
window in a wall without a nice frame to put it in. <g>

--
Duende

brucie

in post: <news:Xns94D29C467D469spamxxwipkipbiz@130.133.1. 4>
Duende <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>> frames

> Frames are your friends. Think how dumb it look to just stick a door

i live in the middle of the bush, i don't need doors

> or window

a window is just a small door

--
b r u c i e

SpaceGirl

"brucie" <****@bruciesusenetshit.info> wrote in message
news:c66ttq$8km7c$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> in post: <news:Xns94D29C467D469spamxxwipkipbiz@130.133.1. 4>
> Duende <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
> >> frames

> > Frames are your friends. Think how dumb it look to just stick a door

> i live in the middle of the bush, i don't need doors
>
> > or window

> a window is just a small door
>
> --
> b r u c i e

Windows are just eyes into the soul.... er wait, that's not right.

Jim Roberts

news:c68cbs$9bic6$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

having a problem with scrolling frames as if no frames surfunbear@yahoo.com HTML 0 03-08-2006 09:54 PM
Frames and borders around specific frames meyousikmann@yahoo.com HTML 1 02-10-2006 11:12 PM
Frames or not Frames... Ale HTML 17 08-05-2005 12:10 AM
Link needed to go from a non-frames page to a Frames page, and load a particular frame. How? - Newbe Philip HTML 3 06-28-2004 03:06 PM
From Frames to no frames? Powerslave2112 HTML 2 01-20-2004 10:30 PM

Advertisments