Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > img alignment in xhtml strict and css

img alignment in xhtml strict and css

Kelwin Delaunay

Hi,

If it was possible to create a simple property for text like text-align to
enable horizontal positioning like left, center, and right, why was a
similar property not created for img?

Now that I've had my mini-rant, could someone please tell me how to set an
img to appear at the right border of the page given that the page is opened
in a window large enough to show it? I've read a book section and several
tutorials about positioning and none of them tell me how to do this. (Or I'm
too dumb to recognize it )

Thanks,
Kelwin

David Dorward

Kelwin Delaunay wrote:

> If it was possible to create a simple property for text like text-align to
> enable horizontal positioning like left, center, and right, why was a
> similar property not created for img?

It was, text-align, it is just badly named. Text-align influences the
position of inline content in a block. Most inline content is text, but
images are too.

Kelwin Delaunay

Thank you for your reply. If I understand correctly then, I just put the
image in a div and create a text-align property in the css for the div to
set it?

Thanks,
Kelwin

"David Dorward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c5rogn$rc1$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Kelwin Delaunay wrote:
>
> > If it was possible to create a simple property for text like text-align

> > enable horizontal positioning like left, center, and right, why was a
> > similar property not created for img?

> It was, text-align, it is just badly named. Text-align influences the
> position of inline content in a block. Most inline content is text, but
> images are too.

David Dorward

Kelwin Delaunay wrote:

> Thank you for your reply. If I understand correctly then, I just put the
> image in a div and create a text-align property in the css for the div to
> set it?

Yes, but please read http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

Kelwin Delaunay

"David Dorward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c5rpme$rc1$2$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Yes, but please read http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

Done.
Thanks,