Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > are unvisible items loaded?

are unvisible items loaded?

Jan831

I was just doing some stuff on a simple website, but I have a question
about unvisible items.

There are some images who are not visible when the page is loaded. I've
done this with CSS ( "visibility: false;" ). But the question is that
these images are loaded or not. Maybe a browser can decide to not load
items who are not visible.

Greetings,
Jan831

SpaceGirl

"Jan831" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

> I was just doing some stuff on a simple website, but I have a question
> about unvisible items.
>
> There are some images who are not visible when the page is loaded. I've
> done this with CSS ( "visibility: false;" ). But the question is that
> these images are loaded or not. Maybe a browser can decide to not load
> items who are not visible.
>
> Greetings,
> Jan831

Yes the images get loaded, but not displayed. If the image is refered to in
HTML, it'll get loaded (unless, of course, the user has ALL images turned
off).

Spartanicus

Jan831 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>CSS ( "visibility: false;" ).

No such value, I presume you meant "hidden".

Spartanicus

"SpaceGirl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Yes the images get loaded, but not displayed. If the image is refered to in
>HTML, it'll get loaded (unless, of course, the user has ALL images turned
>off).

And unless it's display has been disabled using css (by using display
rather than visibility).