Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > my first website

my first website

LouiseH

http://www.freewebs.com/louisehodges

let me know your thoughts

Richard

LouiseH wrote:

> http://www.freewebs.com/louisehodges

> let me know your thoughts

First website? More like the first time you spammed this group.

I got met with being told I had to download "GAIN", better known as "Gator"
spyware.
This site merely redirects to another site. Be prepared for the onslaught of
popups.

From freewwebs TOS:
4) FreeWebs.com membership will be revoked if any of the following
activities occur:
h) Spamming to promote your website

Traveler

In article <c5q0h5$hk8$(E-Mail Removed)>, LouiseH
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> http://www.freewebs.com/louisehodges
>
> let me know your thoughts

Bart van den Burg

> In article <c5q0h5$hk8$(E-Mail Removed)>, LouiseH
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > http://www.freewebs.com/louisehodges
> >
> > let me know your thoughts

You seem excited about it ...

The Doormouse

"Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:

> I got met with being told I had to download "GAIN", better known as
> "Gator" spyware.

I got the same message.

The Doormouse

Jim Roberts

"The Doormouse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:
>
> > I got met with being told I had to download "GAIN", better known as
> > "Gator" spyware.

> I got the same message.
>
> The Doormouse
>
> --
> The Doormouse cannot be reached by e-mail without her permission.

freewebs.com is one of the sites that spywareblaster restricts for
internet explorer. I saw the sight with Firefox but wasn't 'offered' the
opportunity of downloading gator. Gotta love Firefox.

regards,
Jim

Hywel

In article <c5qje2$4k7bm$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>,

> "The Doormouse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:
> >
> > > I got met with being told I had to download "GAIN", better known as
> > > "Gator" spyware.

> > I got the same message.
> >
> > The Doormouse
> >
> > --
> > The Doormouse cannot be reached by e-mail without her permission.

> freewebs.com is one of the sites that spywareblaster restricts for
> internet explorer. I saw the sight with Firefox but wasn't 'offered' the
> opportunity of downloading gator. Gotta love Firefox.

Indeed, using IE really grates on me now. I hate the damn thing.

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://kibo.org.uk/

SpaceGirl

"Jim Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c5qje2$4k7bm$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> "The Doormouse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:
> >
> > > I got met with being told I had to download "GAIN", better known as
> > > "Gator" spyware.

> > I got the same message.
> >
> > The Doormouse
> >
> > --
> > The Doormouse cannot be reached by e-mail without her permission.

> freewebs.com is one of the sites that spywareblaster restricts for
> internet explorer. I saw the sight with Firefox but wasn't 'offered' the
> opportunity of downloading gator. Gotta love Firefox.
>
> regards,
> Jim

I used IE 6 (Avant) and didn't get any Gator stuff. Avant blocks ads and
popups tho.

As for the site... if it really was a first time site, it's not a bad first
effort. But its stuffed full of bad HTML.

Whitecrest

In article <c5q0h5$hk8$(E-Mail Removed)>, louise@louise-
hodges.net says...
> http://www.freewebs.com/louisehodges
> let me know your thoughts

If you are going to use a background with both a left and right border,
wouldn't it be nicer if you could see the left and right border all the
time? You could make this a little more fluid probably.

The image slices you choose are pretty useless and they gain you
nothing. (Slice where you NEED to is the key) Also how about some
attention to detail, you did not like up the slices correctly on every
page.

If you are going to use columns, at least have them look good. Think
about moving the content around so the columns are more evenly populated
with information. For example on the home page, first you have info in
columns 1-2-3-4 a little lower in 1-2-3 then 1-2 then 2 then 2-3 It
looks like crap.

And what the heck is that last little banner on the right?, fine use a
banner, but put it some place logical.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

King of Red Lions

Yup firefox baby! None of that **** for me

70-290 first or 70-291 first? MCSE 2 07-11-2006 03:30 AM
I'm lazy: how do I make the first databound record not display/chop off the first element from SqlDataSource ASP .Net 7 06-28-2006 10:24 AM
20D's first field trip. First Snake of Spring Celtic Boar Digital Photography 3 04-10-2005 09:40 PM
help with my first project on first job, how to read a strange file, thanks a lot!!!!!!! matt Java 9 10-27-2004 03:32 AM
FS: First Clamshell Laptop - First Laptop in Space - GRiD 1101 Compass Computer Dave Computer Information 0 09-22-2004 10:59 PM

Advertisments