Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > any decent FTP'S?

any decent FTP'S?

Toby A Inkster

Chainsaw Charlie wrote:

> is there any decent ones out there?

I like WS_FTP and also ncftp.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Poison

"Chainsaw Charlie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:407db3e4$0$2801$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Noozer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >
> > How about IE?
> >

> I don't know. is it easy? i never tried it.

type

ftp://yourname.com or ftp://(E-Mail Removed) and fill in the fields in
the message box that comes up. If you can figure that bit out, its just like
using folders in widows, just the same as copying folders/files from my
documents to Program Files

Noozer

"Chainsaw Charlie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:407db3e4$0$2801$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Noozer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >
> > How about IE?
> >

> I don't know. is it easy? i never tried it.

Internet Explorer?

Just use ftp://usernameassword@ftpserver and you should get a screen you
can drag and drop into pretty much like a local drive.

Sid Ismail

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 23:43:03 +0100, Toby A Inkster
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

: Chainsaw Charlie wrote:
:
: > is there any decent ones out there?
:
: I like WS_FTP and also ncftp.

WS_FTP is great, FTP Explorer is also good.

Sid

Whitecrest

In article <c5kf9f$53o$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> ftp://yourname.com or ftp://(E-Mail Removed) and fill in the fields in
> the message box that comes up. If you can figure that bit out, its just like
> using folders in widows, just the same as copying folders/files from my
> documents to Program Files

I knew I could do that, but never did. It is pretty simple. thanks for
the reminder

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Blinky the Shark

Chainsaw Charlie wrote:

> The one i am using that came with the coffee cup html editor sucks.

> is there any decent ones out there?

LeechFTP (freeware) is worth a look.

--
Blinky Linux RU 4892F
The Ugliest Cars (mildly adult): http://snipurl.com/ugliest

Blinky the Shark

Poison wrote:

> "Chainsaw Charlie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:407db3e4$0$2801$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> "Noozer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>> > How about IE?

>> I don't know. is it easy? i never tried it.

> type

> ftp://yourname.com or ftp://(E-Mail Removed) and fill in the fields in
> the message box that comes up. If you can figure that bit out, its just like
> using folders in widows, just the same as copying folders/files from my
> documents to Program Files

Will it allow you to do bookmarks for FTP servers? Can you cofigure settings
per bookmark?

--
Blinky Linux RU 4892F
The Ugliest Cars (mildly adult): http://snipurl.com/ugliest

Whitecrest

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed)lid says...
> Will it [IE] allow you to do bookmarks for FTP servers? Can you cofigure settings
> per bookmark?

Yes.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Phil

> "Chainsaw Charlie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:407db3e4$0$2801$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Noozer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > >
> > > How about IE?
> > >

> > I don't know. is it easy? i never tried it.

> Internet Explorer?
>
> Just use ftp://usernameassword@ftpserver and you should get a screen you
> can drag and drop into pretty much like a local drive.

Just tried this and it says "Windows cannot access this folder"!

Poison

"Phil"

> > > I don't know. is it easy? i never tried it.

> > Internet Explorer?
> >
> > Just use ftp://usernameassword@ftpserver and you should get a screen

you
> > can drag and drop into pretty much like a local drive.
> >

> Just tried this and it says "Windows cannot access this folder"!

Sounds like you need to set file and or folder permissions, depending on
which control panel you have and whose server it is on, depends on how you
do this.