Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > iframe height

iframe height

The wee free man

Hi,

How do i get an IFRAME's height to be so big it show the entire contents of
the text it contains? Without scrollbars appearing, so the user would need
to use the browser's scrollbars.

Thanks

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named The wee free man:

> How do i get an IFRAME's height to be so big it show the entire
> contents of the text it contains? Without scrollbars appearing, so
> the user would need to use the browser's scrollbars.

Remove the iframe? If you want to show all the text, why bother with
complicating the issue. Just display the text.

> Thanks

My pleasure.

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

Steve Pugh

"The wee free man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>How do i get an IFRAME's height to be so big it show the entire contents of
>the text it contains?

Impossible with HTML. Might be possible with JavaScript - (only if the
two pages are on the same domain, otherwise they're can't talk to each
other via JD) - calculate the height needed for the child page and use
that to amend the height of the iframe. But I'm not sure how feasible
it is in practice.

>Without scrollbars appearing, so the user would need
>to use the browser's scrollbars.

Are you sure that you want to use an iframe? Have you considered
server side includes or similar?

Steve