Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Table inside iFrame

Table inside iFrame

Su Man

Hi,

Is it possible to have a table directly in iFrame ?
i.e. without using the html source in iFrame can I have table is iFrame
directly? How?

Please focus some light on this?

Thanks,
Su Man

Bernhard Sturm

Su Man schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to have a table directly in iFrame ?
> i.e. without using the html source in iFrame can I have table is iFrame
> directly? How?

I don't understand your question. I mean, an iFrame is just like a
frame: an external html file, that will be shown in a defined frame
within the calling html... why shouldn't it be possible to have a table
within an iFrame? have you tried it? --

bernhard
---
www.daszeichen.ch
remove nixspam to reply

SpaceGirl

"Su Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c50lbe$r13$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to have a table directly in iFrame ?
> i.e. without using the html source in iFrame can I have table is iFrame
> directly? How?
>
> Please focus some light on this?
>
> Thanks,
> Su Man

I think you should be using layers rather than iframes. A layer can contain
any HTML elements and be placed anywhere on the screen, without having to
define a source.

Basically, you can't do what you're asking. Iframes can only contain
documents (such as asp, php, htm).

Su Man

I meant, I do not want to show an htm,jsp file inside a iframe.
Instead I directly want to construct a table inside iFrame.

Su Man

"Bernhard Sturm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Su Man schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it possible to have a table directly in iFrame ?
> > i.e. without using the html source in iFrame can I have table is iFrame
> > directly? How?

> I don't understand your question. I mean, an iFrame is just like a
> frame: an external html file, that will be shown in a defined frame
> within the calling html... why shouldn't it be possible to have a table
> within an iFrame? have you tried it? --
>
> bernhard
> ---
> www.daszeichen.ch
> remove nixspam to reply

SpaceGirl

You cant do that... that's not what Iframes are for. Iframes are ONLY
designed for containing other pages. While those pages *could* be dynamic,
you simply cant "have a table inside it". You really need to pick up an HTML
book and look through how frames work, I think.

"Su Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c50pcl$bse$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I meant, I do not want to show an htm,jsp file inside a iframe.
> Instead I directly want to construct a table inside iFrame.
>
> Su Man
>
> "Bernhard Sturm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >

> > Su Man schrieb:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Is it possible to have a table directly in iFrame ?
> > > i.e. without using the html source in iFrame can I have table is

iFrame
> > > directly? How?

> > I don't understand your question. I mean, an iFrame is just like a
> > frame: an external html file, that will be shown in a defined frame
> > within the calling html... why shouldn't it be possible to have a table
> > within an iFrame? have you tried it? --
> >
> > bernhard
> > ---
> > www.daszeichen.ch
> > remove nixspam to reply

Kris

In article <c50rbp$2mto5g$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>,
"SpaceGirl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> You cant do that... that's not what Iframes are for. Iframes are ONLY
> designed for containing other pages. While those pages *could* be dynamic,
> you simply cant "have a table inside it". You really need to pick up an HTML
> book and look through how frames work, I think.

He/she wants a scrollable table.

--
Kris
<(E-Mail Removed)> (nl)

SpaceGirl

"Kris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
> In article <c50rbp$2mto5g$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>,
> "SpaceGirl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > You cant do that... that's not what Iframes are for. Iframes are ONLY
> > designed for containing other pages. While those pages *could* be

dynamic,
> > you simply cant "have a table inside it". You really need to pick up an

HTML
> > book and look through how frames work, I think.

> He/she wants a scrollable table.
>
> --
> Kris
> <(E-Mail Removed)> (nl)
> <http://www.cinnamon.nl/>

Then s/he should place it in a layer, and enable content scrolling
(overflow) in it.

Weyoun the Dancing Borg

SpaceGirl wrote:

> Then s/he should place it in a layer, and enable content scrolling
> (overflow) in it.

z-index:1; overflow: scroll;">the
wonderful thing about tiggers is that I'm the only one. the wonderful
thing
about tiggers is that I'm the only one. the wonderful thing about
tiggers is
that I'm the only one. the wonderful thing about tiggers is that I'm
the only
one. the wonderful thing about tiggers is that I'm the only one. the
wonderful
thing about tiggers is that I'm the only one. the wonderful thing
about tiggers
is that I'm the only one. the wonderful thing about tiggers is that
I'm the
only one. the wonderful thing about tiggers is that I'm the only one.
the wonderful
thing about tiggers is that I'm the only one. the wonderful thing
about tiggers
is that I'm the only one. the wonderful thing about tiggers is that
I'm the
only one. the wonderful thing about tiggers is that I'm the only one.

Dennis M. Marks

In article <c50lbe$r13$(E-Mail Removed)>, Su Man <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to have a table directly in iFrame ?
> i.e. without using the html source in iFrame can I have table is iFrame
> directly? How?
>
> Please focus some light on this?
>
> Thanks,
> Su Man

If you will go to my site and look at money conversion you will see a
page with an iframe on the right. Initially it contains a web site for
obtaining the conversion factor. Later it contains a dynamicaly
generated table using the conversion factor. This is one way to do it
and layers may be better but I wrote it before knowing of a better way.

--
Dennis M. Marks
http://www.dcs-chico.com/~denmarks/

Dennis M. Marks

In article <070420040718243764%(E-Mail Removed)>, Dennis M.
Marks <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article <c50lbe$r13$(E-Mail Removed)>, Su Man <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it possible to have a table directly in iFrame ?
> > i.e. without using the html source in iFrame can I have table is iFrame
> > directly? How?
> >
> > Please focus some light on this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Su Man
> >

> If you will go to my site and look at money conversion you will see a
> page with an iframe on the right. Initially it contains a web site for
> obtaining the conversion factor. Later it contains a dynamicaly
> generated table using the conversion factor. This is one way to do it
> and layers may be better but I wrote it before knowing of a better way.

Oops. I just noticed that my server is down so it may take a little
time to see my site. Sorry. It is 2004-04-07 at 7:21 AM PDT.