Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Division Overlapping Iframe in IE

Division Overlapping Iframe in IE

Dennis M. Marks

Can a division appear over an iframe in IE or is the iframe always on
top. I have tried z-index with no success. It works fine in Netscape.
You can see the example at:
http://www.dcs-chico.com/~denmarks/amtraktrips.html
Select show/hide menu.

--
Dennis M. Marks
http://www.dcs-chico.com/~denmarks/

Toby A Inkster

Dennis M. Marks wrote:

> Can a division appear over an iframe in IE or is the iframe always on
> top. I have tried z-index with no success.

iframes (and frames in general) are always on top in IE.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Dennis M. Marks

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Toby A
Inkster <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Dennis M. Marks wrote:
>
> > Can a division appear over an iframe in IE or is the iframe always on
> > top. I have tried z-index with no success.

> iframes (and frames in general) are always on top in IE.

Too bad. I won't be able to center the data. I use the same menu on all
of my pages. I'll just have to keep frames away from the left side.
Thanks anyway.

--
Dennis M. Marks
http://www.dcs-chico.com/~denmarks/
Replace domain.invalid with dcsi.net

brucie

in post: <news:040420041547498741%(E-Mail Removed) >

http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Incl...ile_in_another

--
b r u c i e