Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: HOW TO UPDATE NEWS ARTICLES ON WEBSITE?

Re: HOW TO UPDATE NEWS ARTICLES ON WEBSITE?

barb28

> Learning to use a preprocessor is no more demanding than learning to use
> frames, so you might as well learn to use the technology that will give
> superior results.

Hello again, would you mind explaining what exactly
a preprocessor does? I think I understand the concept
of SSI (i.e. the program on the server does the
'bookeeping'), but I don't understand the concept
of preprocessor. Thanks.

Mark Parnell

On 31 Mar 2004 22:30:37 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (barb2 declared in
alt.html:

> Hello again, would you mind explaining what exactly a preprocessor does?

SSI, preprocessors, etc are all covered here:
http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Incl...ile_in_another

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

brucie

in post: <news:(E-Mail Removed). com>
(E-Mail Removed) (barb2 said:

> Hello again, would you mind explaining what exactly
> a preprocessor does?

What is an HTML preprocessor?
http://html-faq.com/utilities/?htmlpreprocessor

> I think I understand the concept of SSI (i.e. the program on the
> server does the 'bookeeping'),

no, their main use is to include one file in another before its sent to
the visitors browser but they do all sorts of fun and giggly things.

What use is SSI?
http://www.html-faq.com/ssi/?ssiuse

What useful stuff can I do with SSI?
http://www.html-faq.com/ssi/?ssitricks