Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: No background repeat

Re: No background repeat

Mark Parnell

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:34:45 GMT, "Lars Hedström"
<(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:

> Well, this code works:

In case you missed what William was trying to say,

> style=3D"background-repeat: no-repeat"

That _is_ CSS. It is just inline, instead of in the <head> or an
external stylesheet.

BTW: Are those "3D"s a problem with your newsreader, or are they really
in your code?

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Jukka K. Korpela

Mark Parnell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> BTW: Are those "3D"s a problem with your newsreader, or are they really
> in your code?

Looks like OE spitting out Quoted Printable with no reason and without
even including Mime headers. I would recommend using a newsreader, or
taking some time to configure OE behave like one, as far as possible.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Toby A Inkster

Mark Parnell wrote:

> BTW: Are those "3D"s a problem with your newsreader, or are they really
> in your code?

It's a problem with the quoted-printable MIME encoding. '=' has a special
meaning, so it has to be escaped as '=3D'. (Think how '&' has to be
escaped as '&amp;' in HTML.)

Normally there would be no problem with that and your newsreader would
automatically display them as just '=', but fomr some reason Lars'
newsreader forgot to include 'Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable'
in the headers.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

DIV background-repeat background-image? For shadow effect jc ASP .Net 3 03-19-2008 04:19 PM
DIV background-repeat background-image for shadowing effect jc HTML 1 03-19-2008 02:16 PM
Re: No background repeat Keeper HTML 0 04-27-2004 07:34 PM
Re: Background repeat and Opera? Mike Novak HTML 1 07-09-2003 05:26 AM
Re: Background repeat and Opera? spaghetti HTML 0 07-09-2003 03:55 AM

Advertisments