Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Easy text alignment in Frontpage question.

Easy text alignment in Frontpage question.

Pete

I know this is going to be the easiest thing in the world to fix but I
can't
find out how to anywhere, honest, I looked.

an example page
http://www.ctc-productions.co.uk/ctc...ourclients.htm

Can someone explain why the text in the main body doesn't stretch across
the
whole of the cell. It used to line up so it was the same width as the 2
picture strips half way down the page, then I fiddled with something and it
no longer lines up.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

(The fiddling was making the text justified, it looked wrong, I put it back
to default)

Peter

Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen

Pete wrote:

> http://www.ctc-productions.co.uk/ctc...ourclients.htm
>
> Can someone explain why the text in the main body doesn't stretch
> across the
> whole of the cell. It used to line up so it was the same width as
> the 2 picture strips half way down the page, then I fiddled with
> something and it no longer lines up.

You have an extra <td valign="top" width="24"></td> before one
<!--msnavigation-->
Remove that and it looks the way I think you want it...

--
Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen
http://home.online.no/~ingerfaj/

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois_de_Dardel?=

On 2004-03-05 12:37:11 +0100, "Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
> an example page
> http://www.ctc-productions.co.uk/ctc...ourclients.htm
> Can someone explain why the text in the main body doesn't stretch across
> the whole of the cell.

It does stretch to the same width as your picts on my computer (Mac)
using Safari or MSIE. It is not justified, but you said you didn't like
it to be. So I don't see your problem.

BTW, you should probably not use underlining for anything that is not a
link. There are many other ways to enhance typography, starting with
font size, face, weight and colour.

--
François de Dardel
http:/mapage.noos.fr/dardelf

Pete

"Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Pete wrote:
>
> > http://www.ctc-productions.co.uk/ctc...ourclients.htm
> >
> > Can someone explain why the text in the main body doesn't stretch
> > across the
> > whole of the cell. It used to line up so it was the same width as
> > the 2 picture strips half way down the page, then I fiddled with
> > something and it no longer lines up.

> You have an extra <td valign="top" width="24"></td> before one
> <!--msnavigation-->
> Remove that and it looks the way I think you want it...

Tried it, made no difference. Any other ideas?

(I know that line is still on the published page, FP seems to be adding that
bit automatically, something to do with shared borders I guess)

lostinspace

> I know this is going to be the easiest thing in the world to fix but I
> can't
> find out how to anywhere, honest, I looked.
>
> an example page
> http://www.ctc-productions.co.uk/ctc...ourclients.htm
>
> Can someone explain why the text in the main body doesn't stretch across
> the
> whole of the cell. It used to line up so it was the same width as the 2
> picture strips half way down the page, then I fiddled with something and

it
> no longer lines up.
>
> Thanks for any help anyone can give.
>
> (The fiddling was making the text justified, it looked wrong, I put it

back
> to default)
>
> Peter

Your current line begins with :

Change the 548 to a higher number and your text will expand.

BTW table height is a bad thing even in FP.

Pete wrote:
>> You have an extra <td valign="top" width="24"></td> before one
>> <!--msnavigation-->
>> Remove that and it looks the way I think you want it...

> Tried it, made no difference. Any other ideas?
>
> (I know that line is still on the published page, FP seems to be
> adding that bit automatically, something to do with shared borders I
> guess)

That is such a wonderful example of why you should abandon Frontpage! If you
use a good editor, let's say EditPlus, http://www.editplus.com/, you will
have total control on what is added to your pages.

--

Pete wrote:
> Tried it, made no difference. Any other ideas?

I have made a suggestion, here: http://home.online.no/~ingerfaj/coast.htm
The main content is a bit more to the left now.
It's not perfect, but the code is smaller.

--
Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen