Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > I know it works but is it allowed?

I know it works but is it allowed?

Sims

Hi,

If i have something like

<head>
.... some tables, data whatever
<!--
.... some style
-->
<!--
.... some style
-->
</head>
</head>

Can i define style more than once within the body?
Can i even put the syle in the body?

Sims

Jukka K. Korpela

"Sims" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Can i define style more than once within the body?

Yes. I see little reason to do so, unless you use different media
attributes, but surely you can.

> Can i even put the syle in the body?

No.

Hints on how to post to Usenet:
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/dont.html

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Sims

> > Can i define style more than once within the body?
>
> Yes. I see little reason to do so, unless you use different media
> attributes, but surely you can.

I saw it in another page and wondered if it was ok.

> > Can i even put the syle in the body?

> No.
>
> Hints on how to post to Usenet:
> http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/dont.html

Sorry, what did i do wrong? Are you referring to the FAQ? If yes then i
simply didn't think of looking.

Steve R.

Sims wrote in message ...
> Sorry, what did i do wrong?

I was baffled by his response as well :~)

Matthias Gutfeldt

Steve R. wrote:
> Sims wrote in message ...
>
>>Sorry, what did i do wrong?

> I was baffled by his response as well :~)

"I know it works but is it allowed?" doesn't say what the message is
about. It could be anything from dynamite fishing to moonshine liquor.

Matthias

Els

Steve R. wrote:

> Sims wrote in message ...
>
>>Sorry, what did i do wrong?

> I was baffled by his response as well :~)

My guess: the subject line wasn't informative enough

--
Els

- Renato Russo -

Sims

> > I was baffled by his response as well :~)

> My guess: the subject line wasn't informative enough

If it is the case then i apologise.
I assumed, (wrongly), that because we are discussing HTML it was implied
that my subject was
"That HTML code works on most browsers but is it allowed by the standard.".

I should have been more specific in my subject. Sorry.
If it is something else maybe Jukka will tell me, because it is also a bit
unclear what he meant.

Sims

Sims

> >>Sorry, what did i do wrong?

> > I was baffled by his response as well :~)

> "I know it works but is it allowed?" doesn't say what the message is
> about. It could be anything from dynamite fishing to moonshine liquor.

Point taken, but we are neither discussing dynamite fishing or moonshine
liquor.
So in the context of this NG, i thought it was understood that i was about
to ask about some html code.

Sims

Els

Sims wrote:

>>>I was baffled by his response as well :~)

>>My guess: the subject line wasn't informative enough

> If it is the case then i apologise.
> I assumed, (wrongly), that because we are discussing HTML it was implied
> that my subject was
> "That HTML code works on most browsers but is it allowed by the standard.".

That still isn't enough though.
In your case I'd probably have put something like "style
blocks in body allowed?"

--
Els

- Renato Russo -

Sims

> >>My guess: the subject line wasn't informative enough

> > If it is the case then i apologise.
> > I assumed, (wrongly), that because we are discussing HTML it was implied
> > that my subject was
> > "That HTML code works on most browsers but is it allowed by the

standard.".

> That still isn't enough though.
> In your case I'd probably have put something like "style
> blocks in body allowed?"

I agree, as i said maybe i should have spent more time on the subject. Sorry
for that.

BTW, looking at the last 20/30 posts here not many have good subjects, why
was i selected out of the herd?
Was my subject worst than "Assistance required" or "IE vs. Netscape" or
"IE7" or do we all get links on how to post on the Usenet?

Sims