Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > css hover menu

css hover menu

toylet

Can IE support this sequence of CSS which produced a nice mouseover menu
on mozilla?

#topmnu:hover > ul {display:block}
#topmnu ul {
list-style:none;
display:none;
position:absolute;
}
#topmnu li {
position:relative;
}

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
/ v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org

Toby A Inkster

toylet wrote:

> Can IE support this sequence of CSS which produced a nice mouseover menu
> on mozilla?
>
> #topmnu:hover > ul {display:block}

If it's an <a> element, then it may. Otherwise no.

For nice menus, see http://devedge.netscape.com/.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Vladdy

toylet wrote:

> Can IE support this sequence of CSS which produced a nice mouseover menu
> on mozilla?
>
> #topmnu:hover > ul {display:block}
> #topmnu ul {
> list-style:none;
> display:none;
> position:absolute;
> }
> #topmnu li {
> position:relative;
> }

You can use a very simple behaviour to ammend the IE stupidity:
http://www.vladdy.net/Demos/IEPseudoClassesFix.html
Then you can use it to make a pure CSS navigation:
http://www.vladdy.net/Demos/CSSNav.html

--
Vladdy
http://www.klproductions.com

toylet

> You can use a very simple behaviour to ammend the IE stupidity:
> http://www.vladdy.net/Demos/IEPseudoClassesFix.html
> Then you can use it to make a pure CSS navigation:
> http://www.vladdy.net/Demos/CSSNav.html

Thank you. Very useful.

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
/ v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org
/( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs
^ ^ 4:32pm up 42 min 1 user 0.19 0.06